Cleaner Crews Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
I got my package of 1000Medium Mixed Size Dubia Roaches from WestCoastRoaches yesterday. & Usually when I get dubias from there, theres usually few smallllll black beetles which are a Cleaner Crew at the beetle stage. But this time I got a TONNN of them! Which is awesome because I kind of want some to help clean out my Dubia COlony. My question is can I throw them right into the colony right now to do the job? Or do they have to be either worms and large beetles to start cleaning out the dead roaches?
And if there not ready to start doing there job is it still okay to throw them in with the Colony for when they are at the right stage they can start?

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
awesome, im laying in bed but im gonna go toss them in right now lol. and yea there only one I order from for roaches, sooo much cheaper then all the other big business guys. & they have auctions on facebook everyday so you can win like 1000medium roaches for like 20 30$ sometimes which is INSANEEEEEEE

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
& when the cleaner crew worms get big, do they kind of look like small superworms? Because I watched a video of a bunch of cleaner crews and some looked like superworms, and I have two that came with my package that do too. BUt I also have the very small Cleaner worms and beetles

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh wow nevermind. I just found out a Cleaner Crew is just bunch of different insects that eat nasty things. I thought they were literally there own bug ahahaha. K this answers alot of questions. So pretty much if I was buy some beetles and mealworms I'd be all set. No wonder why someone told me to throw super/mealworms in with my dubia colony!

icelore

Juvie Member
Bailey91990":1fm7qa8y said:
Oh wow nevermind. I just found out a Cleaner Crew is just bunch of different insects that eat nasty things. I thought they were literally there own bug ahahaha. K this answers alot of questions. So pretty much if I was buy some beetles and mealworms I'd be all set. No wonder why someone told me to throw super/mealworms in with my dubia colony!

Cleaner crews can be made up of different insects, but the point of them is that they are usually flesh eating insects (mainly dermestidae beetles). Meal/super worms will do nothing for your dubia colony as they don't eat dead roaches. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom