Clean Tank Spotless Just For Dragon To Go Poop >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I decided I want to clean Kings tank (My 15inch 6month Male Beardy). He has this log that I got him from a petstore and its pretty big and has thick branches stretching out for he can climb. He lovesssss it. But I now hateeeee it. lol.
The log has alot of pieces that chip off of it throughout the day which puts him at risk of eating one and getting impacted and theres like sand or something inside the log because once in awhile I'll find piles of sand in his tank and we dont use sand. But I need wait to get a different one for him. It also has poop and pee stains on it from him going to the bathroom. And I use tile for substrate. So I try to pick everything up as much as I can everyday. So in general his tank just needed a good full cleaning.
So I took him out and let him play with my other dragon and then put them both in my other dragon Knights 75gallon tank for a bit.
I start cleaning, taking everything out, grabbing the Vacuum for I can suck up some of the pieces of the log and dirt. Then getting a wet paper towel and whipping the tiles for it picks up the pieces I missed. Grabbing a sponge and scrubbing at the tile cleaning the stains from poo & pee. Then cleaning the inside & outside of the glass. I take all of the things that were in his tank that has poo & pee stains on it and let them soak in warm water and then with the sponge wipe them down. & then came the log. I dont like to soak the log because its so big and takes awhile for it to dry. So I sit there for about 20minutes smacking it on the shower tub getting loose pieces of dirt and pieces of the log off into the tub. Then I grab a knife and scrape at the poo & pee stains getting them all off. Then I grab the sponge & scrub at the areas that had the stains. Then agian for about 10minutes I start smacking it against the tub getting the final loose pieces off.
Walla! Its clean, well as clean as I can get it. I dry everything off and start setting the tank up, trying new things to see how I like them but nothing worked so I went back with how I had it all set up. So all of this took me about 1 1/2 - 2hours. I don't mind because I love my dragons and had nothing to do anyway. Everythings done, its cleaned SPOTLESS!!! So I put the screen ontop and turn his lights on, I grab King and show him his tank and he starts trying to jump out of my hands with excitement that he gets to go back into his own clean tank! I put him in their and close to screen and look at him & say "How is it babyboy you happy?" He looks right up at me with his little grin he always has just to hear........Him fart and start letting it rip pooping and peeing allllll over the log and tank......I could not believe it! I just sat there for two hours cleaning it just for him to go back in there for 10sec and start making it dirty again. Oooh boy I was mad, but I couldnt help but laugh about it thinking he did this purposely because I stuck him in the tank with our other dragon lmao. So I guess I then cleaned the tank for 2hours & 10mins after I was done picking this poop & pee up lmao
Sorry for the long detailed story, I always type alot because I try to included everything. Hope you guys got a good laugh out of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom