City Cleaning Water Supply. Are Baths Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Hello. I saw on my citie's Facebook page that they were cleaning The water supply. Here is what they said.
Starting Monday and lasting through the month of October, the City of Houston Southeast Water plant will be changing the disinfection process to improve the quality of the water serving La Porte area residents, including Shoreacres and Morgan’s Point.

The normal process using chlorine and ammonia will change to chlorine only for water disinfection. This is a standard process that is performed throughout the year, but usually last only 7 to 10 days. During this period some taste and odor changes may briefly occur to the water, but there are no associated health risks. The City plans to flush certain areas of the water system to maximize the effectiveness of the process and maintain water quality.

Owners of tropical fish aquariums should be aware of the change as well as residents using home dialysis machines. Dialysis patients affected may seek advice from their health care provider.
Would it be safe to give my beardies baths while they are doing this? Should I treat the water before they get baths? Thank you.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it's safe to drink, it should be fine for a bath. If you are concerned about it though, you could first run the water through a filter to remove the chlorine and then heat it up for the bath. I wouldn't worry about it too much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom