Christmas wish came true

Status
Not open for further replies.
This my first Christmas with Houdini and of course he's brumating. Or semi-brumating..I don't know anymore. Anyway, I have this week off and would love for him to wake up so I can spend some time with him. Low and behold, shortly after getting up Christmas morning I looked over at Houdini's viv and there he was, wide awake and looking around. I immediately took him out and he was non-stop most of the day, exploring, especially around the tree and presents. Here's some pics.

DSCN0939.jpg

This is MY prezzie.

DSCN0938.jpg

Exploring.

DSCN0937.jpg

More exploring.

DSCN0948.jpg

He knocked the deer over. He liked laying on it, it's so soft.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Houdini is adorable and it's obvious that he had a real good time on Christmas. Great that he picked that day to wake up, he must have known there was a present for him. He sure was enjoying exploring under the tree. :p Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

SuzukiRider

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":1aw6p024 said:
Rosie does that, also as she will sleep for several days but once a week she'll be up for anywhere from one to four days.

Is that just during the brumation "season" or all year?

My baby woke up yesterday and after giving him a bath, and a poop, I took him to town for 4 hours. He was a complete angel in my hoodie. One girl noticed him and freaked a bit but after a while commented on how cute he is and even petted him. Others either didn't notice or gave me weird looks but I don't care, I like being different. I took him to the pet store and bought him a harness. He wanted no part of it as he just wanted to stay in my arms. Now I know how parents of human babies feels, not having any kids of my own.

I also brought him to my future sister in laws as she has two female beardies. He shown some interest in one of the females but thought the floor was more interesting so he continued exploring. She keeps hers together in the same tank but what is weird is they get along. They even snuggle together under the heat lamp. I'm thinking its because they both are females and older with one having calcium deficiency.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
SuzukiRider":3i47tq6v said:
beardie parents":3i47tq6v said:
Rosie does that, also as she will sleep for several days but once a week she'll be up for anywhere from one to four days.

Is that just during the brumation "season" or all year?
She only sleeps like that during the brumation time. Other times of the year she, mostly, stays in her hide box and waits for us to come get her up, lazy girl
My baby woke up yesterday and after giving him a bath, and a poop, I took him to town for 4 hours. He was a complete angel in my hoodie. One girl noticed him and freaked a bit but after a while commented on how cute he is and even petted him. Others either didn't notice or gave me weird looks but I don't care, I like being different. I took him to the pet store and bought him a harness. He wanted no part of it as he just wanted to stay in my arms. Now I know how parents of human babies feels, not having any kids of my own.

I also brought him to my future sister in laws as she has two female beardies. He shown some interest in one of the females but thought the floor was more interesting so he continued exploring. She keeps hers together in the same tank but what is weird is they get along. They even snuggle together under the heat lamp. I'm thinking its because they both are females and older with one having calcium deficiency.

They could be like our first two, which is very rare, our first two, Miss O and Miss Y, were best friends.

SuzukiRider

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Co-habitation does happen on very rare occassions as shown in our cases, but I'd never chance it.

Well, my baby sleeps for a day or so then is active, eats, poops then back to sleep. I can handle that. I'm happy.

SuzukiRider

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ShannyBeard":16ry4pxv said:
I can tell you adore him. Seeing him investigating all the presents made me smile.

Thanks, I'm glad he made you smile. I smile every time I look at him.
:love5:

grendel9

Juvie Member
Houdini is very handsome. I'm glad he woke up for you. Grendel has generally only been sleeping for a day or two at a time, so maybe Houdini will be an intermittent sleeper, too. Is the stuffed reindeer going in his viv? My guys have have stuffies they snuggle with. Grendel has a dog, and Maximus sleeps with his teddy bear every night. :)

SuzukiRider

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
grendel9":1ty9q1g5 said:
Houdini is very handsome. I'm glad he woke up for you. Grendel has generally only been sleeping for a day or two at a time, so maybe Houdini will be an intermittent sleeper, too. Is the stuffed reindeer going in his viv? My guys have have stuffies they snuggle with. Grendel has a dog, and Maximus sleeps with his teddy bear every night. :)

Thanks grendel9. I think he's the most handsome beardie in the world. :love5:
No, that reindeer is too big to put in his viv so it gets packed up this weekend. He does have his own blankie which he's now burrito'd in the past few days, sleeping again. He does have his own stuffy there that he climbs up on looking so proud. I can't wait until spring and he's out of this darn brumation so I can take him outside for some real vitamin D. I do think he's an intermittent sleep like yours. I'll be waking him up after work to give him his bath.
DSCN1056.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom