Chicken Soup for the Beardie Soul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I brought this up on Zak and Wheezie's thread, but I think I will give it a thread of its own so the boys can have their thread back. What would you all think of compiling some sort of book like a chicken soup for the beardie soul? Obviously we would need a different name since that is copyrighted I'm sure. So, since I have gotten lots of positive feedback so far, I'm going to go ahead and say let's think of categories and if you want, you can go ahead and PM me stories. Here's the deal, though, it will take me some time, because I am a full-time college student and also have another job. Additionally, depending on the number of stories that are submitted, I probably cannot guarantee that everyone's will get in. You are welcome to submit multiple, as long as it doesn't get out of control. I need to think about a deadline, but it will probably be a couple of months out. Also, would you all want pictures in there? Black and white won't raise the price of publishing, but color will. So opinions please...

Here's what I've been playing with for categories:
Funny antidotes (these can just be little blurbs or larger stories)
Grief/ loss (I know this is a harder subject, but it seems like the other books like this cover it, let me know what you all think)
Beardies are just full of love!
Rescues

And after that I'm stuck lol. Additionally, at the end (or beginning maybe) I want an up to date caresheet for beginners, but I don't want this to be a huge part.

I'm open to any and all thoughts, so send them my way!

Sara

crickest

Juvie Member
I agree this is a great idea, Sara. If you want any help with editing, desktop publishing, reading, . . . I am volunteering my time. I am a prolific (but not yet published) writer and would love to be involved.

Karen

xxdragonflamesxx

Hatchling Member
I am a graphic designer, and I know other people on here are too, but I just wanted to let you know I could contribute with logo or cover art ideas. I am not much of a writer, but I would still like to be a part of this project if I am needed. I think it's a wonderful idea!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I am definitely interested. I hadn't even thought about the cover design. I would love to see what you could come up with! Everyone, I am definitely open to including artwork and some photographs. I can accept artwork now, but I'm not ready for pictures yet. That will probably one of the last things I do so I can coordinate.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Maybe something like "Bugs for the Beardie Lover", but idk. I am very open to suggestions!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I think the book idea is great! We have 5 beardies, even though I'm not much of a writer, I'll try to think of funny stories (we have lots of funny pics). I'm working almost full-time over the holidays, but have some time off, so will try to get some stories to you. I think a good theme is "Beardies are just full of love" or something like that, because don't we all love our beardies? Isn't that the whole point? Thanks for the idea, I'm sure you'll get lots of stories! Good luck with Lilly, too!

Deborah and my sleeping beardies, sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom