cheeto's tail tip is splitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guzgal

hi all,
not sure if i need to worry, the tip of cheeto's tail is turning grey on the very tip & looks like it's starting to split at the seam.....
2012-02-16145053.jpg

any thoughts?

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
It doesn't look like a nip or shed, so it could be a very minor injury, maybe if he got his tail stuck somewhere? I would just use neosporin and keep an eye on it that it doesn't turn black or get hard which could be an infection. I think the neosporin will do the trick :)

And no, it doesn't look like tail rot or even the beginning stages of it, so don't worry. Just keep an eye on it, but it looks very minor.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
If your going to offer your advice, you should look into what your saying before you say it. By saying it looks like tail rot, take him to the vet it could kill him is probably not the advice the OP was looking for, but you probably did give him a heart attack, so before you scare someone like that you should make sure it is indeed what your saying it is.

It could be a cricket bite, but even a minor injury or cricket bite can potentially get infected so definetly keep an eye on it and use the neosporin. You can also use diluted bentadine, until it looks like weak tea, and soak the end of his tail in that.

guzgal

Original Poster
Well, he wasn't thrilled with the tail soak or the neosporin, but we're all about tough love here. Will definitely keep an eye on it, hopefully just a shed coming on and not the evil tail rot I've heard about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom