Check me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zooeymama

Hatchling Member
My girlie is 10 months old. She is 10 almost 11 months old. She weighs just over a pound (forgot to write the grams down- I think it was 600ish?) She is 19 1/2 inches long. She doesn't eat all that much these days. (whole other story so she is kinda skinny for her length) I am refining her tank stats and have some questions on dusting with calcium at her age.

Tank 40 gallon Breeder
Substrate: tile
Log (hollow, she sleeps in at night)
Lights on 8am and off at 8-9PM
Reptisun 10.0
Temps: 102 basking, cool side 81, middle is 86
Humidity 37%
Feeders: dubias (main), silkworms (she's not eating well so we got these), butterworms and waxworms. They are listed in the order/quantity offered. Can't find hornworms right now. Dandelion or mustards sometimes kale mixed in- not often. Doesn't like other veggies or fruits. And right now only eats greens if I make a slurry of dandelion with a fresh strawberry and offer it in a syringe.
Baths daily to every other day because we are trying to make sure she is completely hydrated. She finally went poop yesterday and her urates were quite hard. She hadn't pooped in a week. So I hope all this attention helps. I haven't been neglecting her- just having been as close attention as usual.

She gets out almost every single day to run around. She often spends up to an hour in the window and crawling on the couch (we call it Nikka's window since she loves it so much). This has been a constant for months.

My main concern is making sure her temps are age appropriate and how much does a beardie eat at this age? She doesn't eat much. A couple feeders at most in a day. Today she had 2 silkies and 1 large dubia (that's the most she has eaten in 3 weeks in a single day) and still refuses greens. But I did figure out she was dehydrated (basking too hot 112+ 1 -2 baths a week (short soaks) and I feel awful. I changed out the bulbs with a bulb of LESS wattage so I assumed it was fine but for some reason the 75 watter was making her hotter than the old 100 watt that had been in before it blew out). And I totally didn't realize this until today. I have it hooked up to a thing mys husband made for our ducklings when they were in their brooder and I can actually dim the light. So it's still bright but I can control how much heat is kicked out and was able to get to a 100-102 on her basking spot and she is still gaping with that...so that's good right?

Thanks so much in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom