CHE Ceramic adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrbear

So I ordered a 150 watt clamp lamp with reflector off of amazon for my CHE. I didn't realize it was a plastic socket and not ceramic.

My question is; can I buy a screw in cermaic socket adapter from home depot for a couple bucks and screw it into the plastic one? Or will it still melt the plastic? You'd think a heat clamp lamp with a reflector would come standard with a ceramic socket!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You might be able to replace the socket with a ceramic one. The clamp lamps I use have sockets that can just unscrew and come off of the fixture. I wouldn't take a chance with a CHE because they can get so hot. A heat projector bulb wouldn't get as hot and would likely be fine in that fixture.

OK I got 2 basking lights both are 100 watts and it only gets to 90 degrees and I got a baby one so it needs to be 100 degrees on the hot side should I just get a 150 watt light and see if it works good on a 40 gallon tank.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Firesilverblade":2xee14h6 said:
OK I got 2 basking lights both are 100 watts and it only gets to 90 degrees and I got a baby one so it needs to be 100 degrees on the hot side should I just get a 150 watt light and see if it works good on a 40 gallon tank.
With a 40 gallon tank, you shouldn't need to use two 100 watt bulbs, in fact, 100 watts should be enough or maybe even too hot.

Are you using either a temperature gun or digital thermometer with a long wire & probe end to check the temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom