CHE and where to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any1217

Hello! I have a self made beardie enclosure for Gilberto, who is 5 months old. Dimensions are 50x17x23. Currently I have a tube light (exoterra) 10.0 and a 75w flood light as basking spot. Temperatures range from 85F to 115F directly below the basking spot, dropping to 70’s at night. However, winter should make temperatures drop even more. I bought a 100w CHE but I’m not sure where exactly to install it? Same side of the basking spot or the opposite side will be ok? (Because it’s a self made enclosure it might be a bit difficult to install them both on the same side but I can try). Also, is the wattage of the CHE too high? Should I get a lower wattage bulb or 100 will be ok? Thanks so much!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd stick with a low wattage CHE or MegaRay Heat Projector. You can mount it over the cool side where there is space, that's fine. The key is to add just enough heat to bump temps into the low 70s on cold nights. If the 100w is too much you can try a lower wattage one or hook it to a thermostat (pulse or on/off style works well for these because there is no visible light) that may be helpful for keeping temps in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom