Charmander's Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we've had our boy just over a month now.

I haven't been very active, more of a lurker in that month. I still wanted to update any interested parties on how he's doing! He is a big eater, but so picky... He prefers dubia almost exclusively, crickets still make him skittish. He refuses his salads and fruits daily, but I continue trying. He did eat a couple blueberries last week. BSFL were not a favorite at all as much as I'd hoped.

He is full of personality and gets super moody if he doesn't get time with us each day. He knows his name and "food" and "hungry". He will come up to the glass when he knows it's meal time or he wants out.

He's also an absolute unit. He's grown so much and is now about 13.5" at 3 months old. He has constantly been in shed, at least some portion of his body. Right now it's legs again.

Photos for comparison.

Last month:
104651-4880077629.jpg

This month: (ignore the dirty cage and poor lighting, this was right before cleaning)
104651-9471552809.jpg

LMG07

Original Poster
claudiusx":2yoo35q2 said:
That last picture is cute! Looks like char has a good life! :)

-Brandon

Thank you, I'd like to think he has a pretty good one. He's a little spoiled.

He got some superworms today and liked them okay. I'd worry more if he wasn't growing so well.

LMG07

Original Poster
104651-482465113.jpg

Charmander is now:

15 inches
191 grams

Finally ate some strawberries... We're still working on the salad. He's only getting insect feeders in the afternoons.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a lot of weight in 1 month! Char is really filling out now. The two girls are almost the size of Moro already lol...

-Brandon

LMG07

Original Poster
104651-4731016983.jpg

It is a lot of weight. He's actually a little over 15. The last time I measured his length was last week. He's gained 16g since then, but I didn't have a chance to double check his length. He's a big boy, and still looks healthy to me.

I'm so glad the girls are doing well! Crazy fast growth.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It makes me wonder about Moro but everyone seems healthy!
Char is looking great I was just thinking about you two the other day. I was gonna post soon here asking how you guys have been!

-Brandon

LMG07

Original Poster
We're great.

Just so busy, and exhausted. I work nights. Five year old started kinder this month and that's been an adventure. Settling our sixteen year old back into a homeschool routine.

I also have an 8 year old malamute that's having some health issues.

Charmander is the one thing I haven't had to worry about too much. Healthy boy. Just constantly shedding. Thanks for thinking of us.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well I'm glad charmander is at least bringing some stability lol! I have a 1 year old, cant even imagine her first day of school! :( I bet it's been a juggling act. I hardly see how we have time anymore for anything so I can only imagine how you've been lol.

I'll have to measure the girls tomorrow and see how they've done since I've got them.

-Brandon

LMG07

Original Poster
104651-8521886048.jpg

104651-2565999259.jpg

He is in an absolutely fantastic mood the past few days as long as he's getting attention. Looking far more brick than red-orange so I feel like I'm get pictures closer to his actual color and not as washed out by indoor lighting.

I'm documenting so I remember this next time his coloring is so vibrant and if it actually relates at all to his mood or I'm just reading too much into it. (entirely possible lol, honestly likely)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow he does look super brick red. Hes looking like the brick red suki is. I cant catch it very well on camera either!

I'm glad he has been in a good mood! Why wouldn't he, it sounds like hes got his slaves in order! :laughing6:

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I was honestly just thinking about Char 5 minutes ago as I was posting an update on Mei. How funny LOL

Holy cow... Char is huge. He is Tombo sized and Tombo is 7 months I think ... :oops:
Tombo is a bit longer, but they are about the same weight!

He's looking good! How has he been?

-Brandon

LMG07

Original Poster
104651-471031233.jpg

He's doing great Brandon. Shedding is constant, but that's to be expected with this kind of growth.

I've sent two people to this forum this month and just haven't checked in myself. I'll get more regular eventually... When things slow down... Or that's what I'll keep telling myself.

LMG07

Original Poster
claudiusx":3pj0jlby said:
I was honestly just thinking about Char 5 minutes ago as I was posting an update on Mei. How funny LOL

Holy cow... Char is huge. He is Tombo sized and Tombo is 7 months I think ... :oops:
Tombo is a bit longer, but they are about the same weight!

He's looking good! How has he been?

-Brandon

Oh, and I meant to ask how the girls are both doing?!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The two girls haven't been shedding too much lately, but Tombo has. The annoying thing about Tombo's shed, it's the flakiest shed ever. It doesn't come off in nice big chunks. It comes off in small flakes that go all over his tank and makes it a nightmare to clean everytime he sheds lol.

Char's head is massive. You can tell he had a growth spurt. Usually their bodies slim out (but not their heads lol) He's gonna be a big boy.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom