Charlie is a spoiled brat

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Excel is my friend...LOL It took a bit of playing to figure it out, but once I got it, it was simple enough. Then I screen shot it for the image. I can't be bothered with pen and paper LOL - though I do have the ap one other user created, for some reason it's not keeping in line with the dates so the chart doesn't look right...

That last growth spurt was another big one. He's almost done shedding now, just the tip of his tail left this time. His main body didn't shed this time though. His head, legs, feet and tail did.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I kept trying to download app graphs and none of them were doing what I wanted them to do so I gave up.
I work with excel at work but haven't messed with the graph stuff yet

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I keep track of input and output (meals, poops, and sheds) for our reptiles with good old fashioned pencil and paper, so I find it pretty impressive when folks around here post growth charts and other statistical analyses about their beardies.

My husband says I'm stuck in the 20th century, and I tell him it wasn't such a bad century, and unless I live to be really really old, I probably spent more than half my life there. I lived through such things as the first man on the moon and the dismantling of the Berlin Wall, not too mention all the other advances in science and technology -- I remember what it was like to cook without a microwave oven and to do research without the internet, and I saw Star Trek in its first run...

Not to mention all the advances in reptile care that have come about in the last 50 years or so. Nowadays, if you have internet access and enough $$$, you can pretty much buy just about everything you need to keep your beardies (and snakes and whatever) happy and healthy in an artificial environment, as well as find out what you need if you're careful about using reliable sources.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
LOL me 20 years ago is soooo different from me now. I was a complete luddite. I HATED computers. I'm 43. I remember when we got our first microwave (it was HUGE!), I remember our first 'computer' (Vic 20 for the win!), my brother learned to code on it...I tried to play the games. That's as far as I went on computers when I was young. I definitely remember the Berlin wall coming down - I remember crying about it. I remember running the roads and my parents not being able to text or call me - they just trusted I was making good choices (silly parents LOL). My first car was an '86 red 5 door Pontiac Acadian - I loved the crap out of that car. When everyone else was starting to use the internet and type up papers on wordperfect - I was still using my typewriter cause there was just too many options and buttons to figure out on that darn computer...now look at me! I couldn't imagine NOT having a machine. My husband picks the parts (I don't have the attention span to research them) and I splice them together and program the machines - it's so easy now.

I just don't have patience for paper and pen, my eyesight is bad enough without trying to figure out my hen scritches LOL

I'm going to re-weigh Charlie tonight. Either my scale is wonky or something is up. I weighed him this morning and he was 471...that's down 29g...that doesn't seem right. But I've been working off fumes all week so goodness knows if I had it set up properly. I may take his container and weigh him on my regular scale and convert the lbs to grams.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Oooh I could go on and on reminiscing about the past and how far we've come because I've got a lot of it -- I'm 60. My husband's first computer was a Vic 20, but I remember punch cards and teletype terminals (aka Tyrannosaurus Rex :wink: ) from college in the late 70s -- I took a computer class because I thought it might be a good thing to know, and I really liked it and started working toward a minor, but was advised not to declare it because it would only keep me from graduating if I didn't have enough credits by the time I completed my major degree. Turned out to be good advice, but I had no idea that would turn out to be my backup career and the only one with which I could make a decent living for as long as my brief time in the rat race lasted.

While I was there the university acquired a MONITOR -- ONE Monitor, a Cathode Ray Tube :!: It was very expensive and I never saw it -- I think maybe they built a shrine around it or something. Now they're about a dime a dozen and just about everybody has one on their desk and nobody even bothers fixing them if they break down. How far we've come...

I remember when everyone thought "Pong" was really cool -- one of the first video games -- a simple bouncing dot with two lines for paddles, and they only had them in arcades and the lobbies of expensive hotels because no one could afford them for their home. A few years later I got an Atari 2600 and I had more fun with that thing -- joysticks and paddle controllers. A few years later my little nephew invited me to play video games with him and handed me this Nintendo control with all these bells and whistles and I'm like, "How do you fly this thing?" I'm totally out of touch with whatever they have now, but my little great-grand-nephew knew how to work one of those iphones with the little bitty touch screen by the time he was 2 years old.

I've got a little scale up in the cupboard but our beardie is 5 years old and pretty much done growing, so I don't use it to weigh him because it's probably not accurate enough anyway. He gets weighed at the vet's and his weight seems to be fairly stable at around 520 grams. He's about 17-18 inches long, but I haven't measured lately either. I don't suppose he's changed much in length in the last couple of years. I figure it's more important to pay attention to their weight and length when they're growing.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
hmm...So Charlie definitely had a dip in weight. I'm actually wondering if he was blocked up for a bit as he's had regular poos since. He was 500g 2 weeks ago, then 417, now back to 496 and has remained 19 inches. His growth is slowing down. I'm anxious to see how big he'll eventually be!

87171-8129832684.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
looking good, still trending upwards , the increase in body mass is showing a slowing trend.

I suspect your methodology for getting length is prone to systematic errors as it's impossible for Charlie to shrink in length unless a bit comes off his tail.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
kingofnobbys":1g5qgr79 said:
looking good, still trending upwards , the increase in body mass is showing a slowing trend.

I suspect your methodology for getting length is prone to systematic errors as it's impossible for Charlie to shrink in length unless a bit comes off his tail.

Lol I just realized my chart is off for his length! He's holdinh steady at 19 inches for the last 3 weeks. I'll have to look at my chart Monday to figure out why it did that! Thanks for pointing it out.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
traildrifterphalanx":1gq5ocbv said:
He's plateauing just like Richter! :lol:
Still plenty of time to grow, though

Yes he is!!! Though he does still have almost a year to grow...still I can't wait to see how long he gets.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I'd say just enjoy the journey -- he'll be all grown up before you know it, and then you'll probably be wondering where the time went. :wink:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I was going to be funny and post a photo of a literally spoiled brat, aka a rotten sausage, but the images results were far more disgusting than I thought.

So here's a puffy/angry outdoor Alucard.
89300-7032325417.jpg

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
SHBailey":tc5kawzw said:
I'd say just enjoy the journey -- he'll be all grown up before you know it, and then you'll probably be wondering where the time went. :wink:

Absolutely! I miss him right now. My step-daughter is caring for him while I am gone for the weekend ?

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
traildrifterphalanx":6xjtkl8j said:
I was going to be funny and post a photo of a literally spoiled brat, aka a rotten sausage, but the images results were far more disgusting than I thought.

So here's a puffy/angry outdoor Alucard.
89300-7032325417.jpg

LOL OMG I can just imagine what you found...

Alucard certainly looks unhappy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom