Chaos *6/29 Bath Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how many people will read/look at this, but after seeing how people use just 1 thread for all their beardie pics I decided to steal the idea and use it too. :p Seems to me life will be much easier.

I was going thru pics and I can't believe how much my little Chaos has grown and changed since I got him n May, he was 6ish weeks old then....
100_0787-1.jpg

And just today....
100_1429.jpg

He doesn't even look like the same beardie that I brought home. I had no idea when I bought him that he would grow so quiclky or change so drastically.

He has posed for numerous pictures since I brought him home. Some taken by me....
100_0886.jpg

100_0894.jpg

And some taken by my daughter....
100_0909.jpg

100_0926.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
FaaFaa":37wvtbgs said:
fez09":37wvtbgs said:
beardie parents":37wvtbgs said:
Happy Birthday, Jen. I hope you have a terriffic day. Also, I understand how glad you are to get rid of the pink carpet. That is one of my least favorite colors.
Thanks! The pink carpet has over stayed it's welcome for sure! LOL Soon, it will be a distant memory...or is that nightmare?

I would call it a nightmare! Both of us here don't like pink to start with and that shade of pink is horrible!

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm happy to say that the pink carpet is out of the dining room. The hubby is going to start to install the new flooring this evening. Only 1 pink carpet room left! :blob5: :blob8: (we started with 5)

I am still waiting on Chaos's 2nd MVB so that he can have the sunroom to roam around in. Hopefully it will be here by tomorrow. He would so much rather be out in the open. He has always hated that viv... He is getting so hefty and eating like a pig. It's just so crazy to me that this time last year he could take a nap on my thumb! (His whole body would fit there) Now it takes 2 hands to handle him! I have to get a good weight and length on him sometime soon. He is getting to spend at leat 30 minutes outside everyday here, and he seems to love it. Yesterday we did have a bit of a scare though. A decent sized bird came in pretty close and circled the yard where the kids and I had Chaos out yesterday. It hung around for awhile and I took Chaos in cuz it was comming in super close. I had my son get on google (I love google) and see if he could figure out what it was. Anyway, it was a swallow tailed kite. Here is a pic if anyone is interrested http://jrscience.wcp.muohio.edu/birds/tropical_bird_collection/s_florida/swallow_tail_kite.jpg (hopefully the link works) The site we looked at said that the have been known to eat reptiles, but the bird and Chaos are the same size. I doubt that it would try to take on Chaos, but who knows. We will be watching out for them from now on though that's for sure.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hi Jen, congrats on the dining room! I bet you can't wait til everything is finished!!! That would be freaky having a big ol' bird circling around. I'm planning on taking all of mine outside this weekend so we mowed the lawn today to prepare!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN, don't know how I missed that. Having a bird swooping around must have been scary for you! Even if it's the same size as Chaos, can't blame you for not taking a chance. He's such a sweetie and what a handsome guy he's turning into. Isn't it amazing how big they grow over their first year! Once minute they're little babies, the next minute they're huge. Glad you got rid of almost all of that nasty pink carpeting. Your new home will look so much better once the new floors are in. Great job! We're still getting rained on up here, I mean it's June for pete's sake! When it's sunny, Roger gets our gang out one by one (it's quite the juggling act) so they get as much natural sun as possible. He remade the ramp using wood & concrete bricks, then a folded up towel under the power sun MVB. He tries to get each one out for some run around time, takes up most of his day but I'm glad he's retired and able to do that. They'd be stuck in their tanks for over 12 hrs if it was just me.

I'm so glad you're having fun in Florida...more pics please.

Deb

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hey Jen! Sorry I missed your birthday :oops:

happy_belated_birthday_graphics_1.gif

Glad to hear you got rid of some more pink carpet :blob8:
I understand your worry with the birds. Our house is backed up to woods, so we have lots of hawks circling our back yard. I am forever looking at the sky when I take Rex or Bligg outside. I need to build them a large outdoor enclosure. I have a small screened one, but there really isn't enough room to have a shaded area for them to get out of the sun. Just one of those things on my long list of stuff to get done! :roll:
I know you home school, but are your kids off for the summer now? :D Are you going to be enrolling them in public school now?

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Looks Like I have a little catching up to do, it's been crazy here. The dining room is finished....
100_2262.jpg

100_2261.jpg

We put down the new floors and painted the walls. Next is the 2nd livingroom, you can sorta see it in the pic above. We order the carpet for that room today.
Chaos finally has his basking spot in the sunroom....
100_2309.jpg

100_2307.jpg

He seemed to really enjoy himself yesterday(It was the 1st day he was out) I made him stay in his viv for the first 2 hours of the day and then the last hour before lights out. He spent a lot of time under his light. I would see him zooming from one side of the room to the other and he had happy colors all day long. So I think that he enjoyed it.
Dawn---thanks for the birthday wishes! We are done with school here for the summer, and yes they will go to public school in the fall. I've got to get them enrolled, I think I'm going to do it next week. We have talked about an outdoor enclosure too, and now that we have the box turtle I hope to accomplish that task this winter when it's a little cooler. We have tons of flower beds that the previous owner ignored that we have to deal with right now.
Deb---Do you have pics of your new ramp? I'd love to see it. We need to get one made for Chaos too so that he can get to the windows. It really is amazing how fast they grow. It sounds like Roger really spoils all your babies. I wish that my hubby loved Chaos as much as Roger loves all of yours.
Katrina---When I take Chaos out and the grass hasn't been cut he tried to snuggle down in it, it's cute and funny. I wonder if he thinks that a few blades of grass can actually hide him...
On a more depressing note I need all of your praying people to pray for my mom. We just got the news last week that she has cancer. She starts chemo and radiation on June 28th. They expect a 100% cure, but then she will have to be on the look-out for it forever I guess.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Oh Jen, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I pray that she makes a full recovery with the treatments.
You and your family and in my thoughts and prayers. I am here if you need anything.

BTW... your dining room turned out beautifully and I love Chaos' basking spot in the sunroom. I wish I had a sunroom to do that with Rex and Bligg. I guess I could add that to my list of crap to get done, huh! :lol:

Big ((HUGS)) to you!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Your dining room turned out nice.

Chaos looks pretty darn happy in those pic's I love this one looks like he's saying....
For Me?
100_2307.jpg

What a precious face. :love5:

So sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis of cancer I'll be praying for quick and complete recovery.

BTW...you doggie is gorgeous how about a close up shot? :wink:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I'll send prayers your way! Did you know Vicky's mom also got diagnosed with cancer just this week?
Chaos looks so happy there! I second Barbara's request for puppy pictures!

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Dawn, Barb, Sara---thanks for the prayers, well-wishes, and support. It was something that was unexpected, but the docs caught it really early so that's good. My mom is in OH and I'm in FL so that makes this hard. She doesn't want me to come home either. But I think it is because I would have to take the kids with me and she doesn't want them to see her sick. Ah, I'm done with the depressing stuff!

As requested here are pics of the furry animals....
This one is Chance, he is an American Eskimo. We keep him shaved down because it's too hot for him here with all of his hair. He needs to be the poster dog to support NOT buying your dogs at a pet store. We saw him in a pet shop in a mall in CA 11 years ago. We were going in for an aquarium but walked out with him instead. He had developed a cataract by 18 months and epilipsy by 2 years. We had to have the one eye removed because of the cataract. He is tumor ridden as well. We were going to have them removed, but they are popping up everywhere. Dawn, know any good local vets? He is a wonderful dog though, and reguardless of all his problems I'm glad we ended up with him.
100_2315.jpg

This is Tyler. He is a 4 year old Lab/Greyhound mix. When we were stationed in NC I used to foster dogs for the local rescue group (CAPS) he was one of my fosters and never left, I just had to have him for my own. He was rescued from his terrible owners along with 5 siblings and the momma dog. Only he and his sister Tippy survived, the whole litter ended up with Parvo. But he is a picture of health now!
100_2316.jpg

Then there is Bodie, she is our newest edition. She was a birthday gift to my daughter. We got her from someone here in FL that could no longer keep her. She is 6 years old.
100_2318.jpg

Chaos is so happy with his new freedom. It's amazing how much a little freedom has changed him in just the past 3 days. It's like he is always smiling and showing his happy colors. Now if he would just eat his veggies! :banghead:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'll be praying for your mom, too Jen, it's hard being so far away. My mom went through the same thing but the docs found the dot of cancer so early, she had the surgery but didn't have to have chemo or radiation, so we were lucky there. It's been over 6 yrs & no reoccurence. So sending prayers that your mom's cancer is as easy to stop.

Your babies are so cute, especially your American Eskimo and your cat sure is colourful. Chaos looks so happy in his room, isn't he a lucky beardie! Roger fixed up the ramp and they all have to share, even Sweetie. Today we had sun and they all got about an hour's worth. I've added some pics to our thread.

Take care,
Deb

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the well wishes and prayers Deb. It's great to hear that someone was in a similiar situation and everything turned out OK. As much as I want to be home for my mom, I'm almost glad that I'm not. I don't want to see her sick or in pain, but I'd be there if she asked for me. I've got to get some new pics of Chaos up on here and maybe a few of Lucky the Box Turtle too one of these days. It was 100* here yesterday afternoon, I had Chaos out for a little while but it didn't take him long to start gaping and looking for shade, maybe it will be a little cooler today for him.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hey Jen! Were you able to get Chaos and Lucky outside today?? I really wish that it stayed as warm as this passed weekend so that I could get mine out more often but it's already cooled down a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom