changing to MVB - does it make them more active and eat more

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Hello there-

I am just about to switch my young BD over to his n 4 x 2 x 2 viv and will be going from the ReptiSUN 10.0 to a T-rex Active UV 100 watt.

After the relocation stress is over, did anyone see a difference in appetite and activity level.
(My BD has not been a great eater and has stopped growing - I'm hoping this will help)

Any experience you could share would be much appreciated :D

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
I just recently got hunter a Megaray. I have noticed a major difference in his activity and his eating habits. He runs around his tank a lot more then before. He also is eating like a pig and putting on some healthy weight. I wish I would of changed him to a MVB a while ago. He is acting a lot more natural :D

Fallow through and get the MVB!

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Grixxly15":a5b6d said:
I just recently got hunter a Megaray. I have noticed a major difference in his activity and his eating habits. He runs around his tank a lot more then before. He also is eating like a pig and putting on some healthy weight. I wish I would of changed him to a MVB a while ago. He is acting a lot more natural :D

Fallow through and get the MVB!

That is so great to hear.....Thanks for the reply!!!! Now I am anxious for it to arrive .....

Take care and best wishes to you and your dragons.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
I switched over to megaray & malibu is way more active & eats tons...i was begining to wonder if she wants to eat too much.she will gobble most of her salad & 15 butterworms w/ no problem.If i feed her crickets she is eating about 20 a day.she has not eaten this well since she was a baby.she also poops dailey in her bath & is currently shedding her head.she will be 2 in Dec.

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MALIBUSMOM":fa2d2 said:
I switched over to megaray & malibu is way more active & eats tons...i was begining to wonder if she wants to eat too much.she will gobble most of her salad & 15 butterworms w/ no problem.If i feed her crickets she is eating about 20 a day.she has not eaten this well since she was a baby.she also poops dailey in her bath & is currently shedding her head.she will be 2 in Dec.

I originally bought the MegaRay first but it blew out as soon as we plugged it in.... :shock: and now they are on back order ..... So I got impatient and ordered the T-rex Active UV 100watt so that I could go ahead and get him into his new bigger enclosure sooner. I hope the T-rex has the same effects for us :D He hasn't eaten well since I got him and I'm hoping this will help.

Thanks for the reply :D

Best wishes to you and your dragons

My Mojo seems to be doing very well since with switched to MVB light, more active,. eating more and her colors are really inheightened

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The T-Rex is of the same filament design as the Megaray is, thanks to BobMac's generosity. So, you should see the same type of behavior increase with the T-Rex as one would with the Megaray also.
Good luck!

Tracie

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":195d6 said:
Hello,

The T-Rex is of the same filament design as the Megaray is, thanks to BobMac's generosity. So, you should see the same type of behavior increase with the T-Rex as one would with the Megaray also.
Good luck!

Tracie

Good to know, makes me feel better, Thanks so much Tracie :D

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
hi,

am i right in thinking that the MVB is a tube? how can you get the temperatures right? do you use a basking bulb as well, and if so will that not make it too hot? I have a 48inx18x18 could i have a MVB in this setup?

Sorry to hijack the topic!

Thanks!

Nikki

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
nikkicostello89":f45aa said:
hi,

am i right in thinking that the MVB is a tube? how can you get the temperatures right? do you use a basking bulb as well, and if so will that not make it too hot? I have a 48inx18x18 could i have a MVB in this setup?

Sorry to hijack the topic!

Thanks!

Nikki

Hi Nikki,

Haven't run across your posts lately.....you've been kind enough to help me several times ..... good to hear from you....
(sorry if I've missed something :oops: )

No this particular MVB (Mercury Vapor Bulb) I bought is a flood light bulb that does emit the uva/uvb like the tubes do but in a more concentrated beam.....if I'm not mistaken.

The distance for the MVB is between 12-18 inches from light to your BD so yes I imagine you could use one also.....if it is a tank I believe I've seen lamp stands that you can hang them from ???? I am not the most experienced though so you may want to run this by one of the more experienced members to make sure....

Hope that explained it for you ...

Take care and best wishes to you and your dragons :D

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
I had to purchase a deep dome clamp lamp so mine would sit on top of the viv screen.It puts heat out also but to get temps just right i use a 40watt bulb next to it.my viv is 48 x 18.5x18.5.
They also last for a year.

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Thank you both very much...i'll be looking into getting one of those then! I haven't been around lately, we'll i've been looking but not writing! I'm back at university now so i've got loads of work to do...i am missing the boards though :(

But it's xmas break soon so i'll be back around then!!

Thanks again!

Nikki

Zarandme

Ok well I am going to jump into this topic becausse I have a few questions as well. From what I understand, the previous owner of Darzil just had him in a window rather than giving him a uvb light. So slowly but surely we are making a lot of changes, but only a few at a time so we don't freak him out too much.

Would it be best to have 2 different lights one for the uvb and one for the basking? or would one floresent tube and a basking light be better. I am a new owner so I have a lot of questions ( :oops: ) but I normally find the answer here... :D

Thanks every one who posts for all of your help!!!
Kara

Gary251

See for the MVB do u NEED to have a dome fixture? and if you dont is it better to have one? and if i got an MVB im assuming I wouldnt need my reptisun 10.0 anymore correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom