Change in behaviour!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall

Hi All,

we just want to check in with the forum on the recent change in Randall's behaviour.

Randall is now 10 months old and has recently started to slow down and become quite lethargic. For example, today we have come home from work and he has not moved from under his log. He has been in the same position all night and all of today. He has not ventured out for his veg which he often does but we threw some locusts in and he became a lot more alert. I have got him out of his tank and he doesn't appear to have much energy. He keeps having a little wander in search for the nearest dark place and will hide away??

His temps in his tank havent changed, he is pooping on average about every 2-3 days and his stools are fine. He has a spray with water in the morning and a bath every other night. I think we are due to replace his UVB as its almost 6 months old.

We thought about brumation but I dont think its the right time of year? His apetite is fine and his tongue is nice and pink....

Could this behaviour be him slowing down and making the transition into an adult beardie? Hope someone can offer some ideas... Since Kafka died we are always really wary of any changes in behaviour!!

Thanks for reading

Lindsey & Ben :)

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
I haven't got any answers for you, but I am curious to what others have to say because my guy is going through something like this also. Mostly trying to get into the darkest corner he can find when I have him out, but he is only 7 months old.

It seems like this is happening to everybody. Same exact thing is happening to me. Elvis is probally 2 years now. Im not exactly sure how old he is cause i got him from my dads boss about 6 months ago. I would really like an answer to this question. Someone please help us.

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
My fella is settling down a little bit too now aswell.
He still eats just as much, but is becomming lerthargic.

My guess is that its Autumn down here in Australia, and getting into winter soon, so i guess that could be the reason..

But you guys are in the US arnt you?

Randall

Original Poster
how bizzare!!! We are in the UK so we are heading to late spring early summer.... very strange. I suppose its reasurring that other people are or have experienced the same.
Thanks for replying though xxx :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom