Chameleon with YF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
Ahh I know this is for bearded dragons but I know someone who's chameleon appears to have yellow fungus in the late stages. She said it looked like algae or yellow greenish fungus on the skin and when she went to pick the chameleon up, its skin started bleeding. What are some tips I can give her? Humidity should be lowered, right? No baths, what else? Also what are the topical and oral antibiotics called?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Damie....if your friend Googles " chameleon with yellow fungus " it will take you to threads in a chameleon forum. If your friend hasn't been on a cham. forum, that is where she'll get the best info. The specific meds. fo Y.F. are itraconazole and voraconizole. Chams. don't get bathed, but they do get sprayed or dripped water daily, that is how they stay hydrated and keep their eyes clean as well. It's possible that it's a different type of fungus, only a culture will tell. I hope she can get some help.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wanted to mention this site that can test for Y.F....www.vetdna.com/test-type/reptiles.....they will test a swab for you at a low price if she contacts them.

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh wow, that's a neat website. Do you just mail a swab in or is it a walk-in clinic?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I believe you print a submittal form and mark the tests you want. Then swab the area and send that with payment [ I think it's $18 or so ] to research associates lab. There should be instructions if you contact them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom