Certain Morphs Weaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esn

Hatchling Member
Hello,

I've been thinking of getting a snow/leucistic bearded dragon, and have been having issues locating one. I've talked to some breeders around and they've said that they're weaker morphs in general, so not many people do breed them. They said if I'd want to breed one in the future I should breed it to a normal to keep the line stronger... They themselves only breed for red/orange phases of bearded dragons, as they always had trouble with weaker bearded dragons from breeding morphs like trans, leathers, silkies, and leucistics.

I hadn't an intention of breeding a snow initially, as I'm more of an amphibian, snake, and gecko breeder. I do intend to breed my hypo trans leather, but I wanted a snow more for the coloration than breeding stock. If they are physically weaker, would it be advised that I reject the idea of getting one altogether, or have people kept adults without much trouble? I'd think that as long as they were growing healthy as a baby they'd be fine, it sounded like most the problem was young deaths.

Any thoughts on this?

patrickmb21

Hatchling Member
Badass beardies just got an import from germany. its a strong line of witblits. but they are expensive $1850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom