Ceiling crawler

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirenique

Hatchling Member
So Bones decided randomly today, during a session of basking, to start reaching up to grab onto the screen ceiling lid of his cage. Needless to say he couldn't get a hold, but tried to hoist himself onto it completely anyways and crawl around -- he fell onto his rocks, and I am scared he's going to hurt himself. I am TERRIFIED to let him climb on the screen upside down or rightside up, because that was the first and only time he injured himself -- he broke his nail to the root by climbing on the top of the screen about 4 months ago. Suggestions/ideas? I bought him a reptile hammock today since it's the same material design (mesh), in hopes it might deter ceiling climbing.

Looks like I'm about to have my very own ceilingcat :roll:
Ceiling%20cat%20900.jpg

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
phoenix did this as well when he was little, i would always to catch him in the act and get him down... i had to move his basking spot so he couldnt get up to it... they are so goofy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom