Cause for concern? + Sexing time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
As I was soaking Terra again,I noticed this after getting her out.Should I be concerned?

DSCF5642.jpg

DSCF5644.jpg

And I've been questioning Terra's Gender.Thoughts?
DSCF5646.jpg

(And yes,I know about the foot wound.There's another,as well.We've got so many problems right now. ._.)

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know about the sexing,but I just wanted to see what others thought just to make sure.Mistakes happen. ^^;

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay,so that confirms her gender then.Back on the main subject,should the dark scales on her tummy be of any concern or....?

bltkpo

Juvie Member
They're just natural little marks. I think they depend on the dragon, but when stressed/agitated they become darker or more formed. Our new guy, Hawkeye, has these marks throughout his tummy constantly. But little Bindy has typically a pearly white belly, and only shows them when she's bothered.

I agree that it's no cause for alarm. My first beardie had a scattering of darker scales on his belly just like Terra and he was always perfectly healthy and lived to a ripe old age (almost 12). I always thought they were kinda like freckles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom