Cat attack :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
True. I'm planning on tile at some point in the near future and just using newspaper with paper towels over it. Princess Zoey freaked out with the newspaper print so we had to use paper towel over top. :roll: You can use one or the other.

scylla555

Original Poster
traceyb73":1hu1f8xh said:
scylla555":1hu1f8xh said:
Awww!! My 17 lbs tabby cat does that with me (the hair eating). I hope Zoey will be okay!!! You know what I just noticed? Your beardie and I share the same birthday :)
It`s too bad it`s getting colder soon. I would love to take her outside every day. Oh well. There is always next year.
The shoe box is a good idea. They gave me a little plastic cup for her (I think the same as worms come in haha). She didn`t seem to mind the car too much but she sure was looking around when I started the engine. Can`t wait to get my paycheck next week to set up her new home. Soooo many plans :) Found the Reptisun light on amazon for $30 instead of $50 at my local pet stores. She has about 20 items on my wishlist on Amazon that I want to get for her. Just have to figure something out for the basking spot so she gets high enough. I will probably get some magnetic large ledges. I`m also going to Lowes and Home depot soon and check out their tiles since I can`t find the reptile carpet in brown, ugh!
They sure are cute, and just like dogs some might not like car rides haha. Maybe she will later? Mine sleeps on a little decoration cactus , it looks so uncomfortable but she claimed it as her bed since day 1.
That is so cool that they were born on the same day!! :) It's to the point now I don't remember if she was born on a Wed. or Thurs. Oh well, they are either 13 weeks today or 13 weeks old yesterday. LOL

I cant believe they put your little one in a plastic cup. lol I did have about an hour or so ride from where our breeder is, so I think if we had just tried to hold her, it would have been a disaster.

That is a great price on the UV light! Smart idea to look around. :) As far as a basking spot, she fell in love with one of those hollowed out log things you see everywhere. Just remember, before you put anything in her viv, be sure to clean it. Rocks and logs can go in the oven and baked (I always wash them off first), everything else just gets a really good cleaning. :)

Did you try doing a search for reptile carpet?

They seem to find the strangest positions, dont' they? I have seen some really funny pics on here too. lol

Haha no, I was born on the same day as your bearded dragon :)
It was only a 20 min car ride to my house but yes I thought it was semi odd as well.
I am about to go to Lowes to see what they have on tiles. I ordered the reptisun 10 light last night, yay!!!
Still have to decide what I get for the basking spot...
Yes, they definitely have some weird sleeping positions hehe

scylla555

Original Poster
So considering I am putting her in the 55 gallon tank..I need a higher wattage basking light. Would 100 Watt be enough? Also a friend of mine has her basking dome inside the tank..would that be safe (if she couldn`t reach it) or would it be better on top off the lid? Any suggestions on domes, basking light brands etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom