cat attack advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
my sisters cat got into the tub with my week old bearded dragons and killed two and injured two others. one has a bite threw his/her tail and it doesn't seem to be bothering it that it cant feel it but today its kind of got a graying to it. but I'm not sure if that's just a sign that its going to heal and fall off or if i have to do something about it later down the road. :/ the other one can't seem to open his eyes and the injure is to the top of its head just above his left eye. i have been hand feeding him/her crickets since this happened is there anything else that anyone would know that i could do for my two little special babies

here's the little guys tail :(

and here's the one with the head injure

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do other than watch for signs of infection.
Do you have any betadine solution? You can dilute some betadine, with water to clean the affected & injured areas. Then use some antibiotic ointment to put on those areas, too for help with an infection.
Cat bites normally do cause infection so you will need to keep those areas clean, constantly.
Are they alert at all?
Are they both eating a little bit, via to hand feeding?

Tracie

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't have betidine but I have vrtryin I think is how it's spelled. And the one with the bite on his tail is very alert and drinks and eats on his own. But the one with the head injure moves about but I haven't seen him eat and he drinks very little.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not sure what you mean by "vrtryin" but you should pick up some Betadine and start using that right away, making sure it is diluted. That will help clean the areas from the bacteria from the cats mouth. You can find the Betadine in a drug store.

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
diamc":2zxl887a said:
Not sure what you mean by "vrtryin" but you should pick up some Betadine and start using that right away, making sure it is diluted. That will help clean the areas from the bacteria from the cats mouth. You can find the Betadine in a drug store.

Was on my way to work and I couldn't remember how it was spelled lol >.< its vetericyn. A friend of mine had it and gave it to me its for wounds on pets and is completely no toxic. But I will get that as well :) the little one with the head injure pooped earlier; also took some more crickets by hand but didn't want to eat much today or drink much :/ The other one with the tail injure his tail doesn't seem to bother him at all. but I feel like hes going to lose it from it just dieing off. And thank you very much for your help diamc :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I was reading about the vetericyn and that should be fine to use. I had never heard of it before, but seems like a good product to use. http://vetericyn.com/

Hope they can both improve quickly. Be sure to watch for any signs of infection, good luck.

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
diamc":21yoym81 said:
I was reading about the vetericyn and that should be fine to use. I had never heard of it before, but seems like a good product to use. http://vetericyn.com/

Hope they can both improve quickly. Be sure to watch for any signs of infection, good luck.

i will very much so keeping an eye on them. :) and thank you for the help :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, let us know how they are both doing.
It sounds like they have improved some then?

Tracie

pyrovamp

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":12pmv2jm said:
Hello,

Great, let us know how they are both doing.
It sounds like they have improved some then?

Tracie

Yes only the one with the tail injure he seems to be better eating drinking and running about his tail just follows behind life less. I think he may lose the tail but not his life. The one with the head injure I am not sure if she has not open her eyes and has less movement to her :( but I'm going to keep trying to feed and misting her to hopefully see if she can make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom