Carpet beetles in and around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Well.. My dad and I went to a store and bought a new carpet to put right in front of Chien's tank. And will you look at that, we have carpet beetles now!

I don't know about you, but I'm okay with crickets, worms, dubia roaches(only), but these 3m bugs FREAK ME OUT.

I'm doing a deep clean today and.. I think I'm gonna postpone it until my dad decides to eradicate these pests.

But, will these bugs harm my beardie? If they will make him sick, then I guess it means super deep clean day for me.

(I have no idea what these guys are eating! Most likely my carpet- but there are a few mealworm sheds under his tank. Could they,, be eating that???

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those are dermestid beetles from what I've read. They shouldn't be harmful on their own but I'd be wary about passing along what they're eating (carpet fibers etc) to your dragon. I'd think that in small numbers they won't be a big problem but if ingested in large numbers they could pose a problem. That's just a guess though.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":192ogai1 said:
Those are dermestid beetles from what I've read. They shouldn't be harmful on their own but I'd be wary about passing along what they're eating (carpet fibers etc) to your dragon. I'd think that in small numbers they won't be a big problem but if ingested in large numbers they could pose a problem. That's just a guess though.

They have the white and black pattern, so can't be those.. I also keep them in a large box which are much much bigger than the beetles in the carpet.

We got rid of the beetles quickly and luckily, there were only about 5 adults and two little larvae.. But we're still trying to kill those little eggs. Haven't found any in Chien's tank but ill have to wait and see

Edit: I think they are the dermestd beetles oops! I think I misspelled it and it showed it something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom