Can't seem to get rid of coccidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Glad to hear that everything is going well so far and the regimen will hopefully be effective. :)

qwankadank

Original Poster
Yeah me too, I've seen some horror stories on here. I fed him again about an hour ago he ate like a fatty! I gave him some water via syringe also to make sure he stays hydrated. Forgot to give him the bene bac typing this just reminded me Ima throw some on his nose before his lights go out. Thanks for all the help and support guys. I'll update later.

qwankadank

Original Poster
Update and question: Will dead coccidia show in the fecal exam? How long should i wait to give fecal?

I have now given my dragon 2 doses of Baytox (.045cc) over the course of 4 days. His first poop looked more digested but not as formed. His poop today looked more digested as well as in a log with maybe some mucus looking stuff in it. By the feces alone im thinking the baycox may be running its course. I'm debating on a 3rd dosage tomorrow, or just going to get a fecal done and see where he is at. No appetite loss what so ever, daily baths and misting, i have been giving him bene bac, he started eating it right out of the tube, he loves it lol. and also been giving him about .5ml water from a syringe on the days i dose him. i have been taking the paper towls out twice a day but have only disinfected his cage every other day due to my busy schedule, i hope this is sufficient enough. there is nothing in his cage and he eats off paper plates ( a new one every time i feed). I'm just looking toward a fecal now so im wondering if i should wait or go ahead and get it done, really wanna be over this.
Thanks.

Him today:
0197d6.jpeg

qwankadank

Original Poster
Got the fecal back today. Coccidia is gone but now they are telling me he has amoeba (sp?) the doctor is suppose to call me Friday and talk to me about it, and see if we are going to treat it or not. Ugh!!!!!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Hi! So I have read all the post and first of all I guess those are Phoenix worms and not wax worms,,lol...that's good. I am going to suggest first of all to switch to Pet Authority Brand Acidopholiz+ probiotic...it just works better for some dragons. Now,,,since the vet said he had amoebas that answered the question about the direct smear...you will need some Flagyl to treat the amoebas...please let me know what the vet says about the amoebas, surely he will want to treat seeing as how your dragon is still displaying symptoms...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

****Thanks for helping out Kelly, I feel the vets don't always run all angles on the fecals!****

Is that your UVB tube bulb mounted like that in the tank? If so, it does need to be mounted directly overhead for full effectiveness. Being down level with him like that it greatly glares into his eyes & is not emitting UVB correctly onto him.

Tracie

qwankadank

Original Poster
It is mounted correctly now. I mounted it like that when there was nothing in his tank because it was to high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom