Can't find 24inch t8 fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone says to go to Walmart and get the cheap one but I've been to 4 Walmarts and none have it. I've gone to lowes , Home Depot , and ace hardware along with some specialty light store. I can't find a 24inch t8 fixture that plugs into the wall. Found a bunch that have to be hard wired though. Does anyone have a link? I even found the cheap Walmart one online but it says out of stock and I can't order it. I did find the same one online but it was 11 bucks plus 22 dollar shipping. So doesn't anybody have a link to a cheap one ? Right now I have a bulky Zilla fixture mounted but it sucks and always flickers or turns off.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know about the T8 fixtures but if you upgrade your light to a T5 it's pretty easy to find a good 24'' grow light fixture for it.

Fosterryan

Original Poster
The way my tank is I have very minimal amount of screen so I can't mount fixture on top it has to go inside

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you mount a screw type of fixture into the tank? If you mounted a couple of 26w UVB200 bulbs side by side a bit apart they would provide a similar spread and range as a T8 tube.

Fosterryan

Original Poster
I have this
92031-9579671965.jpg
mounted in there just feel like not enough uvb coming down idk i Don't see many people mount an actual hood inside the tank

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The length of the bulb only needs to be the length of the dragon or a little longer. It doesn't need to cover the whole tank. It's good to have areas with little to no UVB available because they don't always want it. It's hard to say exactly what the output is from your current light without using a solarmeter but it should be OK. They aren't much use beyond 8'' but at 6-8'' they produce a decent amount of UVB and the beam casts out from the bulb in a cone so it has a fair bit of coverage to the sides.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did it come with the reflector too? That's a good find. I wouldn't have thought to look at Meijer.

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
CooperDragon":1lz8lbyl said:
Did it come with the reflector too? That's a good find. I wouldn't have thought to look at Meijer.

I bought the reflector on line. I'd have to do some digging to remember the company I bought it from.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks a bit like one of the clip on Arcadia reflectors that LightYourReptiles sells. I wasn't sure which fixtures those would fit onto.

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
CooperDragon":1cig7y05 said:
It looks a bit like one of the clip on Arcadia reflectors that LightYourReptiles sells. I wasn't sure which fixtures those would fit onto.

Yep, that's where I got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom