Canceling Petco PALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

volvotech

Hatchling Member
Found this little guy at Petco today (sorry for the blurry picture):

DyingGecko.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

The tail has no fat, and his legs are literally bones.

I canceled my Petco PALS membership and will no longer be supporting the store. I would rather buy from online dealers than continue to support such gross animal negligence. Please share the picture and let others know about the kind of care animals can expect from Petco.

On a sidenote, thanks to the mod who moved this to the much less popular sub-forum (instead of the heavily trafficked "General Discussion"). I understand this is a Bearded Dragon forum, but this is something all users should see.

ryukdragon

AGRRR, poor little gecko, that's hideous, too bad I live on the other side of the world, i would have a few things to say about his condition if i was there

volvotech

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm pretty torn about this, but I'm going the others tomorrow. Hopefully I can convince them to give that one to me. The plan is to nurse the others to full health and move them to a forever home.

ryukdragon

too bad i don't live there, i would take the poor thing, i have a gecko he could live with, same species, here in oz we dont come across that kind of neglect much, mostly coz petshops here aren't allowed to sell reptiles without a licence and proper set ups and all my reptiles came from a liscenced breeder who would do anything for his reptiles and goes out of his way to make sure the ones he sells go to the best homes.
I have a gecko, 7 black soil dragons, 2 bearded dragons, 2 blue tongues, 3 water skinks, a tide tailed monitor, 3 central netted dragons and 2 side barred skinks and they live the life of luxury, lol, hope you can find a nice home for the gecko

volvotech

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Quick update:

Just left Petco after speaking with the general manager Mike. I've "returned" the two Leopard Geckos I purchased, and they will be going to "Petco's Vet" this afternoon at Petco's expense. I should be able to pick them up tomorrow afternoon (assuming they don't have Crypto). I'm pretty skeptical about being kept out of the loop like this, but I took several pictures of my Leopard Geckos this morning, and I'll also be requesting a report from the Vet regardless of the outcome of the visit.

On an equally important note, the Leopard Gecko that this thread was originally started about has also been moved to individual care and will also be receiving Veterinary care. Mike also assured me that the Bearded Dragon humidity gauge was broken (which I also regard with skepticism).

Starforce2

Juvie Member
I've never seen a healthy leo (and similar with fat tail) at petco. However, at the 2 I visit, the beardies, with an occasional exception are generaly healthy, they finaly put proper information and scientific genus printed on the neon tree dragons and oddly enough the anoles, bahama anoles, cresteds, snakes, and frogs always seem to be in excelent shape. I've never actualy bought an animal from them but I heard one of them I visit got their hands on a gargoyle..which I might hafta check out esp if it's male, and the other had emerald swift, however they also both seemed to be male (in the same cage..do they not fight?)

On the other hand, everyone trashes petland, and my pacman frog and beardie both came from their and their reps all look healthy and are never overcrowded. Some ***** did return (surrender) the 1.5 foot american alligator on the account of it being too mean (um..duh..). I hope they got bit a few times while figuring that out too.

xmikeyx1026":2ne6nksu said:
This is just people being [cursing removed by mod]. This petco needs to be checked out.
IMO most if not all pet stores need to be checked out. I hate them, except for the Pet Smart near me, who does a better job than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom