Cancel the 999/911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Have any of you had a not-emergency?

Today I panicked a little, because Ky refused to eat any grape or come out of her hut. I fished her out, and there was a nasty brown sticky split down her side and she was trying to back off. I grabbed a clean new cloth, wet it and gently dabbed at the mess to see what the damage was and try to work out how she did it.

After a few moments of dabbing I thought it must have been a small cut that bled a bit, because most of the worst had mopped off, and I couldn't see anything yet. She sat there calmly as I gently dabbed and wiped... and nothing was to be seen. I was VERY confused by now - where had all this dried blood come from?

Having looked around her tank to see if she'd been for another poo that might have been bloody or something, I was further stumped. Then it slowly dawned on me. I shouted through to find out when exactly my partner had put her back in the tank.

Turns out it was barbecue sauce from the pizza that had congealed in a natural crease where she curls up. Oh well, no harm done.

What's your story?

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
That must have been terrifying! Once when Jasper was still alive, I woke up one morning to find his viv full of runny, red poo. I was horrified - I thought he was bleeding internally! I called the vet and basically freaked out... only to remember that I had given him watermelon the day before. It was red from the fruit and runny from the water content. I think it took a year or two off my life though!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
*applauds* Well done. Tsammy likes watermelon better than Ky. Poor Tsam, he was fast asleep on my knee, I moved slightly and he fell off onto the floor. Poor baby got a bit of a boo, but I scooped him back up, stroked him and he's going back to sleep in my lap again. I did think there was something wrong with him the other day, when he did the BIGGEST, most FETID poop. But then I realised he hadn't been for about four days (even with baths, he often stomps in his waterbowl during the day too) and had been pigging on almost an entire basil plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom