Can you use serrapeptase when beardie has no problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Hello,

I was just about to order some serrapeptase for my bd. He has pinworms again, so I will be treating with panacur/acidophiliz. I was wondering if I can give him some serrapeptase as well? I just want to keep him healthy and I read it increases absorption of calcium and has blood/liver cleansing properties. Can I give this to him as daily or weekly supplement when he doesn't show signs of inflammation or adenovirus? Thanks!

INReptiles

Hatchling Member
If it is anything like an antibiotic, I wouldn't. The bacteria can adapt to be immune or extremely resistant to it, so if he did end up sick, the medicine wouldn't help, I am not sure if this applies to serrapeptase specifically, but I still wouldn't, maybe someone else can provide more insight :p

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Yes, you can give it on a regular basis. Serrapeptase is derived from silkworms and is not an antibiotic. I know it does help with the joints. If you read that it helps with calcium absorption and blood/ liver cleansing, that's great. I didn't know that.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Great, I ordered some from Tracie. I will double check with her before I give it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom