Can you help this little guy?/Pumpkin NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
You know, I am brand spankin to this site and I have to say that I read this thread in it's entirety and I almost cried.

That is SUCH a touching thing to do and it says a lot about your character.

You are doing great things!

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone!!
I wanted to update you on how Pumpkin is doing and also to say "Happy Holidays"! Pumpkin is doing great and is the friendliest dragon :) He loves to be carried around the house and kissed and hugged. I am trying to enter some new photos from Photobucket so please check back in a few hours. He looks nice and plump and eats right from my hands. Gosh.. I love this chubby Dragon!
Kat and Tazzie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What great news, so now he's a chubby dragon? Can't wait to see pictures. :D

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Its unbelievable what some people will do to their animals once they "aren't interesting" anymore. Kudos to you for taking the poor guy in, I can't believe he's been like this for six years. Kana is probably about two and she was almost the same size as Pumpkin when I got her. If you are having any issues getting him to eat, some wonderful person on here recommended squash babyfood, I mixed it with some soy yogurt Kana went nuts for the stuff and started putting on and keeping on weight.
Good luck!

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Here is a picture of Pumpkin the day we adopted him.
Pumpkin103109001-1.jpg

Here are the photos from Craiglist. Wonderful BD.org member Contessa found him for sale on Craigslist and posted a "help this little guy" message>

3nd3k23l45O35P45Rd9ao1823950f0bb817.jpg

3n03k93lc5Q85P35S09ao477c35f93e981a.jpg

Here is the chubby and loved Pumpkin two months after his adoption. He is so lovable and enjoys being cuddled and kissed!!

IMG00103-20091223-22073.jpg

The next picture is of Pumpkin and Tazzie. I posed them in the basking shot! Tazzie is still "medically fragile" and partially paralyzed (she was this way when we adopted her...) I do not leave them together for fear that Tazzie might get injured because of her tiny size.
IMG00127-20091223-23192.jpg

The next picture is of Tazzie "waving" to her BIG brother. I placed their vivs side by side so that they can see each other.
IMG00149-20091223-2330.jpg

Thank to all for your support and suggestions.
Kat, Tazzie and Pumpkin (aka Plumpkin!!)

contessa20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh. My. Gosh. Pumpkin looks AMAZING!!!! Wow, he certainly is a fighter. Thank you so much for rescuing him.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh my goodness Kat, it's hard to believe that it's the same beardie, he looks absolutely amazing! Thank you again for rescuing him. :D Tazzie looks like a real sweetie too and also very happy. :p Thanks for posting the pictures, we'll need to see them more often you know. :wink:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
They both look so much better than when you first got them! I agree, we need pictures much much more often!

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Here is a funny picture of Pumpkin. He is the biggest baby but he likes to look "Big and Bad" when our 100+ pound dogs walk near his home. Here is the tough guy>>
IMG00168-20091224-0003.jpg

Safe travels to you. Happy New Year from our dragons, iguana, dogs, fish, turtles... :D

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
I've been so focused on doing research in preperation of getting my first beardie and I totally missed out on this thread. What a touching thread it is! You're amazing to rescue this sweet little angle. I'm still amazed and saddended that people can let things get so far out of hand when an animals health and happiness is at stake. :(

You're doing a fantastic job with Pumpkin and I will now make it a point to check back frequently for more photos and updates. Thanks for giving him a second chance to get a happy and loving home. :)

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
LizardKat":92da7 said:
Here is a funny picture of Pumpkin. He is the biggest baby but he likes to look "Big and Bad" when our 100+ pound dogs walk near his home. Here is the tough guy>>
IMG00168-20091224-0003.jpg

"You feel lucky, punk?" :lol:

Pumpkin is completely unrecognizable as the skinny, dirty little guy who came home with you. He's so fat and so ORANGE now! You've done a great job with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom