Can you Harvest Bamboo Root?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Just a quick question on bamboo root. I saw that many people use bamboo root as a basking structure. If I were to go out to a patch of bamboo and harvest the root would it be the same or is it a different species of bamboo?

Edit: Saw many were made of resin. Are they all made of resin? I guess a bamboo root wouldn't last long in heat? lol.

I am very new at this, but i bought some bamboo root from the breeder that i bought my beardie from and it is real bamboo root. I would think that harvesting some yourself would be ok, you just need to make sure that its clean and ur not bringing in bacteria i would think.

I dont have any experience with any other wood, but my beardie seems to like it. Its nice and fat, gives them a good place to bask.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm going to try to dig some up, we have tons of bamboo around here, its just a matter of "is it the right bamboo?" which it may not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom