can the gestation period be less than 3 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmons

my dragon laid eggs almost 3 weeks ago on sunday, so i know she's only been pregnant for 2 weeks 4 days but she's digging like crazy. i don't want to put her compost container in until she needs it because she makes such a mess and covers the other ones food in soil etc but i don't want not to put it in if she does need it. is it possible for the gestation period to be less than 3 weeks?

Tatty

Juvie Member
I would try to separate her from the other and put her in a lay bin if possible. Yes, I had my big girl Popcorn lay eggs the second time in a little less than three weeks and they were fertile. Their span of time can average 3-6 weeks between clutches.

Tatty :D

lemmons

Original Poster
think they're fertile. two of the second batch collapsed after the first week so i got rid of them so they didnt damage the others - but hubby being male wanted to cut them open to see what was inside. the first one was infertile but the second had a red blob in it so i assume that one just died. it was well and truely collapsed and all the others seem fine :)

lemmons

Original Poster
your thread on popcorn and tatty is really good btw - i'm not brave enough to try candling eggs as i'll probably kill them, if they're fertile will they swell and grow and collapse/mold if they're not? its really cold here in the uk at the moment so dont' want to take them out the incubator if i can avoid it, not to mention the hovabator goes mad (really cold then really hot) when i open it to check them. you've got your eggs in open tupperware containers - does this require higher humidity or anything? i've got lids on mine with holes in. how often do you check your moisture levels? do you add water to the containers with the eggs in or just to the base of the hovabator? if you add to the containers how do you know how much to add? sorry for all the questions - am 5 weeks into the whole 'egg' thing and hate not knowing the answers to everything!

Tatty

Juvie Member
The eggs will deflate and mold if not fertile in about to to three weeks. I add water to the hovabator and containers weekly. Just enough so they are moist. Good Luck.

Tatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom