CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great that he was already up & around then. It sounds like he is more alert now.
Well, since you are up in Ohio, perhaps it just was not quite warm enough. Let me know what the temps are when you get a probe. I will be interested to hear what they end up being, now with the other basking light right beside the Megaray. Good that he likes his Megaray, they are super lights.
That is fine, you don't have to use any applesauce. If he just likes the squash & chicken, no problem. Since he is an adult, calcium really only needs to be given 3 times per week. So you can mix up some powdered calcium with the chicken & squash 3 times per week. However, maybe for a couple of weeks, give him a little extra calcium.
He should be ready to brumate here in awhile though but I just want to make sure that he is all healthy. So getting the basking temps up some & let him eat & maybe put on some strength & some weight then he can brumate.

Tracie

chellechipper

Original Poster
Hi Tracie! Well I got the probe, I first put it directly in the middle of the tank and it read around 85, so I then put right on his lof where he basks and it is reading around 95 grrrr. I did put the basking light right next to the megaray and switched the light bulb from a 75 watt to a 100 watt to try and up the temps. Now he shouldnt get to close to the mega ray right? Also I fed him squash baby food with some mineral oil in it tonight, soaked him for about 1/2 hour and rubbed the heck out of his belly and still no poop! How long is too long without them pooing? It is just frustrating because I am trying everything to get him to go lol!

chellechipper

Original Poster
He hasnt pooed in almost 3 weeks, except at the vet but the vet excreted it out. Good news is I got his temps up in the cage and he is VENTING!!!!!!!! Omgyou woulda thought I just hit the lottery lol! I am so happy for him, it has been so long since he has done that, so I am hoping his appetite/poo problems are just part of the temps.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, now that you are getting the temps up, he should be doing much much better. So the temps were way off huh? That is what I was afraid of. Great that he did finally poop! :blob8: So he is gaping??
The Megaray should be no closer than 12 inches from him, as they are intense lights. The basking light that you put over there can be at 8 inches or so, if needed for heating. Just as long as he cannot jump on it & burn himself.

Tracie

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...so what is his basking temp now? Did you leave the probe on the basking spot 45 minutes before taking a reading?

Do keep bathing him daily, at least until he is pooping a bit more often.
Good luck
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom