Can someone help me figure this out please?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
The UVB light you want is the ReptiSun 10.0 TUBE- Fish tank lights are completely different, and dont give off UVB. They just look the same.
Before you go to Petco, buy your Reptisun at petmountain.com. They are SO much cheaper than pet stores!

Im not sure about the scale thing though... You didnt rip her shed off, right? It looks like her scales are damaged in some way.

GizmoBeardie

Original Poster
Thank you for the website! =) I'm checking it out right now!

I know better than to pull the shed off =P, big no-no! hehe

GizmoBeardie

Original Poster
Ok, so now we have the UVB light down, which basking bulb would you recommend? I currently have a T-Rex 100w UV Producing heat lamp for the basking spot. I plan to get rid of it because it doesnt seem to get hot enough on the basking spot, it only gets around 99-100 deg. So I would like to get a different one, just I'd like to hear who would recommend what... =)

GizmoBeardie

Original Poster
Like a halogen bulb? Or incadescent? (I'm sure I slaughtered the spelling of that word, lol) Cause if I can keep from spending $60 on a heat bulb and I could just run to Home Depot or something and spend $8 on a Halogen, I'll be happy! =P

Jess

Extreme Poster
Any light bulb will do. I use a 50w Halogen light for basking, and a regular 60w for the cool side in my 40g tank. What size viv do you have?

GizmoBeardie

Original Poster
She's currently in a 20L... and a HUGE sigh of relief came over me today, she shed just fine!!! She's back to normal!!!! YAY!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Yay! Thats awesome!
When my baby was in a 20L, I had a 65w flood light on him, if that helps. :)

GizmoBeardie

Original Poster
So here are the after pics, she's nice and healthy looking after the shed :)
She's SO PRETTY! <3 I love her!

0413001206.jpg

0413001206a.jpg

0413001207.jpg

0413001207a.jpg

Isn't she looking SO much better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom