Can I feed Dubia Roaches cheese & chicken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Only reason Im asking if I can feed them cheese & chicken is because it seems like we have alot of that in our house.
My ex girlfriend when she moved out left a pack of Mozz Cheese. Its one of those On-The-Go small circles packs of cheese you take the wrapper off and eat when your out. & Im not a fan of cheese, so its either getting tossed, or put it to use.
& we eat alot of chicken here so we always have lefts over, then make more, so the left left overs get tossed lol.
So can Dubia roaches eat Cheese and or Chicken?
Also can Pheonix Worms and Superworms also eat them?
I always hear about Veggies & Fruits, but never like poltrey (idk if Im using the correct word)

unkempt1

Juvie Member
You can feed roaches anything, really. It must be tempting to let loose the fury of a roach colony on something that was your ex-girlfriend's, but you should also ask if you should feed them that stuff. My answer would be no, unless you really keep an eye on it and take out what they don't eat in a few hours.

Chicken would probably be ok for a day, but I would think cheese would get nasty quick in a hot, humid environment like a roach bin.

:puke: :shock: :lol:

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well as I LITERALLY just hung up the phone with the ex. Im about to throw all her things in there including clothes and etc and have the colony crap on everything and eat it all! lmao. But anywaysss, yea I was asking if its something that would be good for them for a few days, I wont risk it then, Im relying on this colony sooo much sense I dont have like any money now, so the quicker they bloom the better. I feed them mostly carrots, thats what they like the most. I give them oranges here and there and they will eat them but not much. If I put like 20baby carrots in there, the next day or two there be gone. If I put two small oranges, dependings where I put them there be there still week later, but you can tell there picking at them. So for now Roach Chow and Carrots is whats on the menu

unkempt1

Juvie Member
That's a good plan. Feed them what works. :) Technically there are few things you can't feed them. Heck, one time I fed my breeder colony one of those strawberry breakfast bars (a family friend had left it over a few months ago and I don't eat those things). They destroyed it, but I made sure to check on it a few hours later.

On a normal basis, though, mine eat fruits and veggies with the occasional dog and cat treats thrown in there. Seems like the stinkier they are, the more they love 'em. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom