Can I feed baby supers to a baby beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I already posted this question this morning under feeder, so sorry for the repost, but I am really looking for an answer. New beardie is 8 3/4" long and 19 grams. Just under 8 weeks old. I breed supers. One of my bins has supers that are just now big enough that I could probably catch some and feed to her. Would it be safe? Is there still an issue feeding them to small beardies even if the supers are tiny? And would she be instantly spoiled and refuse crickets if I did this? Thanks for any input.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
You can use teeny supers, I would start very slowly, like one every other day. When Tyrus was small I would give them as a treat and he never had any issues with the micro supers.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you Kalyn. I gave her one last night after reading your post. It was a neat treat, but more difficult than I expected. Those micro supers sure are speedy! I'll save that as a rare treat and let my son do it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom