Can I bring Kovu to work this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
This summer I am getting a job as a ticket taker at the town's public pool...hopefully (they haven't sent out notices on who is hired yet)...

Hours are: 1:00 pm- 5:00 pm
* breaks are every hour for 15 minutes (I think its 15 minutes at least)
most employees swim during break and i LOVE to swim... so i was wondering if i could bring him a box for during break time...

I would also bring him a food and water dish and of course his sock and blanky... and there is a fridge there so i would plan on bringing some baby food and feeding him baby food on schedule along with some dubia (if i can find a way to bring some in a container and have them survive 2-3 hours)

His feeding schedule is:
* Breakfast is between 7 & 8 am
* Lunch is between 3 & 4 pm
* Supper is between 7 & 8 pm
So i would have to feed him at 3 or 4 while at work but since it is an outside pool it would give him a lot of basking time out in the real sun. I don't think i would bring him everyday but i would love to get to bring him whenever its a perfect day for Kovu to bask out in the sun and enjoy a lot of attention and bonding with me.

BTW: ticket takers sit outside the fenced in area around the pool. and another thing is that i will have him on a harness to insure he won't be naughty and run off on an unauthorized adventure. :D

jloucks

Most employers do not allow pets at work. At least, not high maintenance personal pets. We had communal hedgehogs one place I worked. Some person had a beta fish.

...don't hold you breath on bringin' the lizard.

garrett15

Hatchling Member
As long as your employer dont have a problem with it I would take him he will probably enjoy the sunshine I have had mine out of his tank Eight hours or more and he did fine

Lenewen

Juvie Member
Sounds like you would be working in an ideal environment for bringing an animal like that if it's permitted. Heck, I'd do it lol. Just ensure Kovu stays hydrated, the sun gets hot.

My boss at the doctor's office I work at is a real piece of work. She's terrified of lizards and I am SO planning on sending my resignation letter someday on the back of a bearded dragon :D

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I definitely will find out as soon as i know im hired!!! i think that it will be great!! i just gotta wait until he gets big enough to find a harness comfortably and by then the pool should just be opening up if they do it how they have in the past (our town has slow work process) but im excited if they will let me!! i will prolly bring him with me when i ask too because then they can see how "vicious" he is LOL!!!! :lol:

roxiemom

Hatchling Member
Lenewen":2mwpcrkb said:
Sounds like you would be working in an ideal environment for bringing an animal like that if it's permitted. Heck, I'd do it lol. Just ensure Kovu stays hydrated, the sun gets hot.

My boss at the doctor's office I work at is a real piece of work. She's terrified of lizards and I am SO planning on sending my resignation letter someday on the back of a bearded dragon :D
That is so funny!!!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Wouldn't a pool give off a lot of humidity? Not sure if this makes a difference since you're only there for 5 hours, but just something to keep in mind.

Lenewen

Juvie Member
Wouldn't a pool give off a lot of humidity?

Good observation but out in the open like that, the answer is no, humidity would not be a concern from the pool. However it would be a concern if the weather was overly humid, such as South Florida.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Lenewen":3lh59gqx said:
Wouldn't a pool give off a lot of humidity?

Good observation but out in the open like that, the answer is no, humidity would not be a concern from the pool. However it would be a concern if the weather was overly humid, such as South Florida.

Okay, makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom