can bearded dragons get oral thrush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmons

hi, my beardie (female 18months) was just gaping and i noticed some white patches on her tongue which in a human i would equate with oral thrush. she possibly hasn't been quite herself the last couple of days but is eating (in fact she just troughed a load of crickets which i put rather a lot of calcuim powder on by mistake so it could just be she's got calcium powder on her tongue). any ideas?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Would it be possible to post a picture of tongue? Are the white areas still there or do you think it was from the calcium? Has she been on antibiotics lately?

lemmons

Original Poster
very unlikely as she hates having her picture taken - think camera might make a noise she can hear and i can't because she puffs up as soon as i get it out! (but doesn't do the full on hissing thing or that would be perfect!). and i'm not technologically minded enough to be able to upload a picture! i've been out all day so not sure if they're still there, i'll have a look in the morning when she gets up. no she's not been on any antibiotics, or had any other problems to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom