Can anybody help her

Status
Not open for further replies.
82366-656963182.jpg
82366-4258929868.jpg

I rescued her from a run down pet store, she was malnourished and half dead when I got her, then three days later this shows up. It was not there before so I brought her a few hours away to the only reptile vet in the area and they diagnosed it as a burn.. I have been giving her medications and she is finally eating properly, and applying burn cream they gave me, but they could not give me a solid answer that that is what it really was. They suggested a tumor also, but I don't think those pop up over night. They told me to do a lab test to see for sure would be $200 and/or surgery to find out would be $400. Some recent family matters have made it impossible for me to afford that and it seemed that they were all about the money. Since then it has gotten extremely worse and looks as if it is about to come through her skin. It is hard and the pictures I posted were took today. Any help would be appreciated because it seems that nobody in this area really cares. Please please help. She is alert, but not active at all. She has random bursts of energy but besides that she stays in the same place all day even though she has a whole 75 gallon to move around it. By the way this petstore told me she was a boy and that she was three years old. She Was being kept in a ten gallon for three months, is what I was told. She passes bowels about every other day by the way.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like either a burn or a fungal infection to me. Are there any heat rocks or heat mats etc in the enclosure that could have burned her like that? Does the burn cream seem to be helping her?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. One of the other mods on here recommends raw honey. The kind you buy in a health food store. That is suppse to work great on skin issues.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow that is hard to tell whether it is a burn or fungal. Poor girl!
I hope she is feeling better soon.
I recommend either the silver without any sulfadiazine in it or the raw unpasteurized or manuka honey. Which cream did the vet give you?
Is she settling in ok for you?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom