Can an enclosure be too big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotgrrl

i am trying to rescue a beardie that is being put down at the weekend unless he finds a home. problem is i can't conjure up 1oo quid for a viv by then. i have found one that is 4ftx3ftx18inches which i can afford but would 3ft be too tall?

neecie

Juvie Member
You can always block it off to be more cozy ------house bricks stacked are fine. don't lose the beardie for this reason. Later it can be "redecorated". Lighting is really important.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I am curently "remodeling" a tank that is 3' tall. I have added a shelf along the back and one side. I am working on the easiest way up, branch or stairs. I will put a MVB up top and a tube uvb under the shelf. He will have twice the room. I'll try to post a pict later. Not feeling well right now.

Sandy H

riotgrrl

Original Poster
oops, correction. the viv iv found is 4ft high and only 3 across. now it sounds worse! help?!

neecie

Juvie Member
Is 4 ft. high too much to reach into??? or is there a front opening? Craigslist has so many tanks...........can you find an easier one to handle? Remember the heat and light distance.

riotgrrl

Original Poster
thanks for help everyone but the stupid woman i was trying to save them from sold them in the end. however, she has decided to breed again and will have a new clutch in 2 months! so these new ones will also face execution unless ppl like me step in to save them, how irresponsible!

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
OMGoodness! Who is this woman? She needs to be stopped and unable to continue breeding to put them into obvious danger. Can you report her to anyone where you are?
That is just horrible. But, I hope if a beardie is what you want - just be carefule hun! Look here - there is a place for selling and even giving away. Look out for sales at local stores, garage sales, newspaper, ebay, craig's list..... the list is endless. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom