Can a female dragon lay eggs without mating with a male dragon???

Dave_in_LA

Beardie name(s)
Poppy
I came home this afternoon and found 2 white round egg looking object. I have yet to touch it.
I have no clue what it can be. My dragon has never been close to another dragon.
Can someone please tell me what this is???

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
more than likely an infertile egg. they don't have to be around others to lay eggs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What do I do with these eggs? Do I just leave them inside the tank?
No please throw them away-- its possible shes going to lay more please make a lay box for her and give her extra calcium please
LAYBOX

potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I freeze infertile eggs before i throw them away, just in case.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
No, beardies lay and forget the eggs in the wild, they will even eat their own young. She won't care at all

Dave_in_LA

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Poppy
So my beardie has laid 15 infertile eggs since last Thursday. Just laid one this morning.
Does anyone know when this will stop? She also has not eaten anything since this started.
Should I be concerned?

The community's advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So my beardie has laid 15 infertile eggs since last Thursday. Just laid one this morning.
Does anyone know when this will stop? She also has not eaten anything since this started.
Should I be concerned?

Lets have ahbd answer your question and recommendations
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Did you make a laybox for her by chance ? Did she lay a large number at once or has it been 2-3 every day or so ? Is she lethargic at all ? Please post pics to show her body condition and also of her enclosure, that will be helpful.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Should I be concerned?

This is normal. Still offer food but she may not eat it. When she’s done eating you can offer things like scrambled eggs (no seasoning) but only once just to give her more protein. You do need a laying box as well.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom