Can 2 Female Bearded dragons meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if 2 female bearded dragons could meet (not live together) and let them both run around a little bit totgether, also i would imagine age difference could be a problem if so should both female beardies be the same age (obviously if they can meet) thanks.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. It depends on personality. I have 3 one male and 2 females and none if them can be in the same room. Tried but the older female chased my younger female. So they need to be out at different times and my male when hes out all he wants to do is run over to the other 2 tanks and bob :lol:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, it depends on personality. I also suggest very close supervision when they're both out at the same time as moods can shift very quickly.

BritishPingu

Original Poster
Ok well i wasnt really planning on introducing them at the moment because of the age of the youngest and both seem to have non-aggressive personality but thanks for the help! I will have to supervise them if i do :blob5:

MarleyMoe

Hatchling Member
My two girlies lived together as babies (before they came to us I might add), the result of the arrangement was Marley missing 2 toes and most of her tail when Moe got peckish/aggressive. Needless to say they've been living apart ever since. On the few occasions they have met.. Moe usually ends up head bopping and snapping at Marley. Ended up with a bite or two myself when jumping in to defend poor Marley moo. If you have them out together definitely supervise them and dont leave them for a minute! They might be nice then suddenly have a mood swing when your backs turned ;)

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
As long as you monitor them, it shouldn't be much of an issue. You will probably see some head bobbing and displays at each other, but that is fine as long as they don't hurt each other. They encounter others of their species in the wild from time to time, an occasional supervised interaction may provide some enrichment to their captive life.

-Jen

Predimus

It depends on the dragon. Me add my brother when we got ours together and they were fine together, but they were getting to big for their tanks so I bought a a tank for mine and had them seperated for a week. But when my brother tried to reunite the two dragons and put his in my tank my dragon wouldn't have it so we had to seperate them indefently. Funny thing is they get along fine when they are not in their tanks. So itjust depends on the dragons personality. Though I got a male this weekend and put my brothers new female that he got in with him he didn't seem to mind her so I would watch them for a full day and see if they get along. If they won't you will know fairly quickly weather they will tolerate each other. Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom