Camping mat as substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I recently put down some linoleum for Geoffrey, but it's too slippery.

I bought a foam camping mat, but it's got a strange smell. Is this OK to use or should I try washing it first etc?

Thanks in advance!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
The best thing would be spongy backed shelf liner that you can put in your kitchen drawers & cabinets.

GeoffreyDragon

Original Poster
Hi Terry, thanks I have been looking but to no avail yet. I just thought this would be perfect as I already have it. I'm going to air it out for a week and see how it is

quyllur

Hatchling Member
If it is a porous material (which it sounds like it is) I would not use it. It will absorb the liquid portion of any feces and harbour bacteria.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Do you have a Walmart or a kitchen store close by ? You will be able to find a roll of non-adhesive shelf or kitchen drawer liner there. It has rubbery or spongy type of backing to keep it in place. Very easy to clean. Google it, then you can see what it's like. They have it here in the states for about 10$ a roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom