Camera for Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardCoded

I am working on a live streaming camera for my bearded dragon, Zeke. I was wondering if some of you folks would take a look and let me know if you can see the video and if it seems like it takes to long to load. I am tweaking settings and would like opinions on video quality.

http://lizzyandzeke.com/live-video/

HardCoded

Original Poster
Well that kinda figures, lol. It was working good from my connection here at work. I have a feeling I am going to need to stream it to the actual server and then stream it to the end user. My connection at home probably is not fast enough to handle to many people at once.

Thank you for having a look. I will leave it up there if anyone else wants to look feel free.

HardCoded

Original Poster
Wow thanks. Maybe it is a problem when to many people are watching at once.

I don't really expect to many people will be rushing to look at it. I just want it up there mainly for me.

Matdragon

Hatchling Member
hi there,

Brilliant idea this is! but i cant even see the media window, it comes up as a disturted blob of black lol :D

heres a screen piccy...

blob.jpg

by the way, excuse the two pictures, i have two moniters in my pc, so the screen pic takes both!

cheers,

Matt

HardCoded

Original Poster
Thanks Matt!

We determined that I need to up the stream to the server instead of trying to stream it directly. My buddy who is a great Linux guy is going to install some software server side for that to work with my existing programming, but he literally just had a baby on the 15th so he has been a little occupied. I hope it will be all finished soon. I just put Zeke in a new Viv I built and I think it came out really nice so I would love everyone to see it.

Matdragon

Hatchling Member
ahhh nice one,

i still think this is a brilliant idea, cudoe's to you!

good luck with it being set up - and be sure to let us know when you do :D

cheers,

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom