camelon color change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ker6176

dunnie is a baby and when i hold him he is a light brown. when he is basking or my boyfriend approaches him he turns a deep brown. he is happy because he is eatting and all at that color. SOmeone suggested a bad bulb so we got two new ones. The repti sun 75 w and the reptiglo 10.0 uvb.

we went to the park yesterday...what a blst that was. he ate grass, crickets, and caught some of his own bugs. He was running in the dirt and my boyfriend came to see him move (he is fat and doesnt move so much) and he curled up in some clovers and turned mud brown. he didnt move and was hidding. i wish i had pictures...

can they change colors... and why? if there is something i am doing wrong i wanna fix it asap!

thanks

hockeyballz30

Sub-Adult Member
Hello,

First, to answer your post question...they can change colors depending on temperature and temper. If they are cold they will get darker. Mine usually get real light before a poo. Color changes are normal. To address more serious issues with your description.

Ker6176":e550f said:
he ate grass, crickets, and caught some of his own bugs.

All of these things in a natural environment is potentially dangerous. Grass at a park most likely has pesticides sprayed on them, this goes for the crickets and bugs as well which could contain pesticides as well as diseases. I would recommend against letting them eat anything outside of their own controlled environment. It is good to bring them out for natural sunlight but even than, for their own safety, they should be in a secure environment. any questions feel free to PM me. I realized i went off topic but i hope i answered your original question

Todd

Ker6176

Original Poster
we know the park very well. about 2 years ago some parents complained to the owners ( an amusement park in pittsburgh) that the pesticides and chemicals were making their children sick. There was a huge deal made and the company doesnt spray anymore. They cant. it was part of the agreement between the parents and company. The amusement park took a hit with the bad publicity and it is a "family themed park" so not changing looked bad. Plus half the park is a dog park. the entire place is fenced in and they havent sprayed in years. THanks for the concern though.

Dunnie is a fatty so he will now run about 2 inches then plop down and hide.

Does anyone elses hide in blankets socks and even shoes to go to sleep?

hockeyballz30

Sub-Adult Member
well regardless, wild bugs can carry diseases even if they do not have pesticides on them, but you feel free to take that risk. It is never safe to have your domestic dragon eat wild no matter how safe you may think it is. Do what you will though, good luck with that.

Ker6176

Original Poster
he had the time of his life and has never been healthier or happier. He catches bugs in the house all the time especially when they are dumb enough to get into his viv though. thanks anyway. feel free to not reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom