Calcifer the Uro - Happy colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
HaleyMaree":17279bs5 said:
Oh so you can handle her or not that often??
Yeah I can handle her.

She would perfer to be hiding in her cave, but she is definitely handle-able.

And wow thanks Michael. You give me too much credit haha.

-Brandon

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Brandon,
Been a little behind and only just getting caught up but I wanted to mention how beautiful Calcifer is in your last batch of photos. I see what you mean about the color differences. Sometimes her reds just really pop out at you like lava. She is a gorgeous lady. You may have mentioned it before but I've forgotten if you know about how old she is?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I would assume at the minimum, Calcifer was at least 2 years old when I got her. But its possible she was much much older. I really have no way of knowing :(
I wish I knew though.

-Brandon

JessLC

Hatchling Member
She's so pretty! Such a sweet face. :love5:

Makes me want one.. but i don't think I can fit a third tank in my room.. :roll:

I have now read the entirety of Calcifer's thread. It's been a huge help because I just got my first uro last Thursday :) He's a Mali. Not as pretty as Calcifer or as handsome as Gualum.. He's just black with a hint of yellow/gold.. I still like him though! I got him off CL at an impulse bc the ad said that if someone didn't want him soon she was going to let him go :( and I couldn't let that happen!! Good thing I had an extra setup from my beardies still out :) He is pretty calm and likes handling though.

Just a quick question. How much birdseed do you use? 5,10,15,20lb? Michael gave me the idea to use it and Leo loves it! So thanks to you guys for that!

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
claudiusx":348u9fel said:
Thank you,

It is bird seed.

-Brandon

Hmm, that must feel nice inbetween her toes :p
They dont try to eat it or anything?

You have definitely motivated me to learn about these amazing lizards and get one some day :p

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yes she does poo in the bird seed and eat it.

The bird seed is a good part of her diet, provides a lot of nutrients, plus roughage to help break up all the salad in her stomach to better digest it.

The bird seed gets changed at least once a month, and she will for the most part only eat the seed around her food bowl, or inside her cave. Both areas where she does not poo.

Sorry rango, not sure exactly how much bird seed I use. I believe I get 1lb bags (I think) and I get 10 of them, so 10lbs works in my tank.

-Brandon

reptilegyrl

Sub-Adult Member
that is so cool how they have a potty spot and a food spot. like my beardie only goes in one place...the opposite side of where she sleeps lol

MissT

BD.org Addict
tumbleweed.jpg

There, this should be reminder to you that we want updates :D
Il be back in an hour and expect to see SOMETHING LOL!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Lmao Christina, you have turned into quite the comedian haha.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom