Calci worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumorDragon

Hatchling Member
HI!
I just bought a double deal type container that had both supers and somthing called calci worms.... any one know what they are? (Small white worms, the substrate is soil) apparently they are gut loaded on more calcium.
I'm just curious cuase I have never heard of them before. (I Think there has to be a name other than the store name for them. The emploees didnt know what they were as a species.)

romanfj

Hatchling Member
I believe this is another name for Phoenix worms. These are the larval stage of the black sldier fly. The unique thing about them is that the calcium and phosphate levels which naturally occur in their bodies are just right for dragons. In fact, their calcium content is so high, dragons fed them do not require calcium supplementation (provided the dragon has adequate exposure to UVB light).

Frank

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
both the names phoenix worms and calci-worms are trademark names for the black soldier fly larva. they are a great natural source of calcium. no dusting required (except vitamin suppliments)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom