Cage setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yes, it says desert but the output is to low. That's why I say tropical reptiles. I heard that they were bad for their eyes as well and, I don't take chances with my little Peaches.
A t8 is only good for 6 months, the t5 will last 12 months. The cost difference is offset by longevity...making the t5 more cost effective!
I am not saying these things to upset you in any way, just trying to help you through getting a good setup going.

Littleleno

Original Poster
Gormagon":2ny99esy said:
Yes, it says desert but the output is to low. That's why I say tropical reptiles. I heard that they were bad for their eyes as well and, I don't take chances with my little Peaches.
A t8 is only good for 6 months, the t5 will last 12 months. The cost difference is offset by longevity...making the t5 more cost effective!
I am not saying these things to upset you in any way, just trying to help you through getting a good setup going.

Oh yes I know. I appreciate the advice. This is why I was asking :). ive got a reptisun ordered on Amazon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, these are for desert OR tropical lizards such as iguanas that love the sun. And they won't cause any more eye problems than the Reptisun. Why believe rumors when I've use these for years myself ?

And would you believe what a current, long time top U.S breeder with a stellar reputation and humongous dragons recommends ? Just go to Rainbow bearded dragons care sheet and you'l see that she prefers the Reptiglo. But you can spend your money on what you think is best, just don't toss the Reptiglo because of baseless false info that gets handed down or is based on one person who's beardie had a possible eye problem that could have been attributed to any of a number of things.

Of course a Reptisun 10.0 t5 is stronger than either Reptiglo or Reptisun t8, that's not to be mistaken but I hate to see people throw out a perfectly good bulb .

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
If there is a shred of doubt placed on a product, I can not in good conscience recommend it to anyone else. I refuse to take chances with mine and, I won't take chances with others either. My own twisted logic!

Littleleno

Original Poster
AHBD":1t5qtfe3 said:
No, these are for desert OR tropical lizards such as iguanas that love the sun. And they won't cause any more eye problems than the Reptisun. Why believe rumors when I've use these for years myself ?

And would you believe what a current, long time top U.S breeder with a stellar reputation and humongous dragons recommends ? Just go to Rainbow bearded dragons care sheet and you'l see that she prefers the Reptiglo. But you can spend your money on what you think is best, just don't toss the Reptiglo because of baseless false info that gets handed down or is based on one person who's beardie had a possible eye problem that could have been attributed to any of a number of things.

Of course a Reptisun 10.0 t5 is stronger than either Reptiglo or Reptisun t8, that's not to be mistaken but I hate to see people throw out a perfectly good bulb .

How far away should it be placed (she seems to be squinting) Husband and I have been researching and comparing. We have been having a hard
Time finding a difference ? My husband is thinking the reptiglow is equal to other brands? I moved the light to about 12 inches above basking area and instead of it being in front of the basking areas, it's now directly over the basking area. Does this sound right? I will keep reptiglow on spike and I needed another uvb for our box turtle anyways, so I'll use the new one for him.

One last thing, do you leave uvb on the full 15 hrs of heat lamp time?

And thank you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, the uvb bulb is always best when it's directly overhead, if it's off to the side it is more directly in the line of vision and more prone to cause irritation. And 10" -12" should be fine with no screen in between. I have all my lights on for 14 hrs. a day average.

And the Reptisun 10.0 t5 is a highly recommended bulb, so see which one you prefer. I do realize that people have to go with what they really feel is best.

Littleleno

Original Poster
AHBD":18707d15 said:
Yes, the uvb bulb is always best when it's directly overhead, if it's off to the side it is more directly in the line of vision and more prone to cause irritation. And 10" -12" should be fine with no screen in between. I have all my lights on for 14 hrs. a day average.

And the Reptisun 10.0 t5 is a highly recommended bulb, so see which one you prefer. I do realize that people have to go with what they really feel is best.

We had a reptisun 10 t8 (it's the only housing we have. Not the t5) before for the box turtle. Just compared the two. The reptiglow is brighter.

should I bump my lights down to 14 hrs a day (15.5 seems like such a long time).

Also, I may need to ask a new question. We've had spike for 24 hrs. Yesterday she ate a mid afternoon lunch of 15 crickets. Evening she ate 5. Today we've tried several times and she hasn't eaten anything. She's pooped. But mainly hangs out on her rock. Hasn't explored much at all. Normal? She's 9 weeks old and about 5-6 inches long.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That will pass with time, its just relocation stress. It takes them a while to get comfortable in their new world. Crazy little critters, lol! Don't be to alarmed yet.

Littleleno

Original Poster
Gormagon":3rqu5fky said:
That will pass with time, its just relocation stress. It takes them a while to get comfortable in their new world. Crazy little critters, lol! Don't be to alarmed yet.

I figured. She's just so tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom