Bye, bye brumation! Pg 81 funny story and vid's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Okay ladies calm down...Bender is going to stay with my son Rodger and grandson Aiden. He just isn't a very happy camper an it makes me feel bad. So we are going to see if he likes it better being with Rodger and Aiden whom he seems to like much more than me. Plus since he's such a little guy he may be happier living in a one beardie household. The way it is now it's like he's always got a bad case of little man syndrome. If he wasn't around other beardies maybe he could relax and mellow out. Mind you there are tears flowing from my eyes as I type this it's not going to be an easy day for me in the least. :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :(

The one that may be going up for sale is the hold back from clutch one. The one that originally was to go to Freddie other grandson which has changed his mind for now. Then Rodger said he'd take that beardie...but he's never stopped begging for me to let him take Checker's or Bender home. So after many many months of contemplating Bender goes to Rodger and male from 1st clutch will go up for sale.

Flame is not going anywhere. :wink:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Sorry Christy I forgot to say thank-you. :)

And also Dawn.....RD's arm healed up it took a good 9 to 11 months but she's moving now like it was never hurt. :) An yes I will miss Bender he is my little guy an I love him...but I have to stop thinking about my own selfishness and think of him. If he doesn't like it better there then he will come back home. But I will get to see him quite often...it's not like I'll never see him again. :( :( :( :( :( So why do I feel so damn bad?
I'm such a fricken la la!

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Oh Barb, I'm so sorry.

Let me tell you that you are one hell of a woman. Your strength and understanding for each and one of those beardies is touching. After hearing Bender's back story, I understand why you are so attached, but let me remind you that you are doing nothing wrong.

He can have his own castle now. How could he ever thank you enough for that?

I'm going to get cheesey with this, but I wrote a poem for you. :)

You have filled my days with UVB lights,
Crickets and sweet dream nights.
A kiss to tease my years,
And worms to ease my fears.
You gave the gift of life to me
And then in love, you will set me free.
I thank you for your tender care,
For deep warm hugs and being there.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks Michelle! :love5:

But do ya gotta make me cry more? :wink:

I just feel so guilty, of what? I'm not even sure...I feel like I'm abandoning him or something which I'm not it just feels that way. I really just want him to be a happy little guy. Rodger was my helper when I first got into beardies he understands more than anyone else in the family about what it takes to care for them and keep them happy. He is my beardie sitter when I go out of town as I don't trust anyone else with them.
(Hey I just thought of something :roll: I think this is my kids way of getting me to come over and visit more. I have stange kids they like when mom comes over. )

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Oh Barb, it's just that he is a part of you.

He'll get more attention. You have a lot of babies to keep your eyes on. Let him be. You can see him ANY TIME you want. It is hard for a mommy to let go.

Be strong and give him plenty of kisses.

OR

You can get ready for a WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE new season of babies. :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Barb, don't think of Bender going to Roger as losing him -- think of Bender going on a much-needed R&R from all the bigger boys.
Given the fact that he'll be at your son's, you'll still get to see and get updates on him whenever you want, and he'll always be a phone call away if you get those sad and lonely days/nights.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks Gina and Michelle I think I'm feeling a bit better about it...being that others understand how
I feel and my reasoning behind it.

think of Bender going on a much-needed R&R from all the bigger boys
Those are my thoughts exactly just my emotions get in the fricken way.

Thanks for all your support ladies it means alot to me. (HUGS!) :wink:

Now I gotta go see if he will except some snuggles...and off to buy beardie veggies. :wave:

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Bender needs a car ride. :)

Things will be fine. Beardies are your life. Seeing them go bye-bye is rough. Be strong.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I don't blame you Barbara, for feeling like your giving your baby away, that's the real mom in you, it's common and we'd all feel that way...............the great news is that he's at your sons and yes, you'll be visiting often, then everyone wins................

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
You're probably right, Barb. Bender will be happier at your son's house, he'll be the king beardie there as he'll be the only one. All your beardies are spoiled but he'll feel like he's the only one and, therefore, even more spoiled then he was before. It's not as bad as if you gave him to someone who will take him who knows where. He's still in the family and, as you said, you'll see him often. Think of it this way, you will be forced to take mini vacations just to see your little baby. I understand how you feel about 'giving him away'. I don't think I could be that strong. If our finances got a lot worse, we'd give up anything else except "our girls". Of course, we have it a little different than you do. You have children of your own, I've never been that lucky to have human children of my own so my beardies mean that much more to me. To give them away, I would be "rehoming" my children. It aint going to happen, ever.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Oh my, Barb! :shock: I go off line for a bit and look what happens?! Well everyone else has said it all and left me with nothing original to say. I'm sure Bender will be happy with "HIS" baby. :D I know Adien loves "HIS" dragon, so there should not be any wet eyes. Yeah, right, like that's gonna work. Dry your eyes and try to be strong, :D sniff, sniffle

Sandy H :mrgreen:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your kind support. :love5:
I'm feeling much better today thank-you all for that. I won't say that I'm not teary eyed right now but I don't feel as bad because my reasons are good...I'm mean it's only obvious that this is for Benders sake not mine.

Bender is still here today...Rodger worked late yesterday and didn't want to freak Bender out by moving him in the dark. So he's gonna pick him up today after work or maybe Frank an I will just take him over so I can make sure to go over things some more like I haven't covered everything a million times. Took Angeline my dil to the grocery store yesterday so I could help and show her what veggies Bender likes and how to perpare the salads. I'm kind of glad that it didn't happen yesterday as I had just ordered treats for the beardies from mulberryfarms now Bender won't miss out... :D because my delivery should be here any minute. But as much as I'd love to be the one to give him the treats :( :cry: :( I think I'll just hand them over to Rodger so that it might make the move better for Bender. Cuz he'll think that they came from Rodger this way.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Okay I made it thru the rehoming thing...Rodger loves him and can't wait until he settles in.
He loves roaming around their house and not needing to see any other animals...

Well I did get a few pic's and finally uploaded them to photobucket this morning.

RD WAITING!!!!!!
DSC09217.jpg

Can't get near RD with food and think she's not gonna know...
DSC09155.jpg

You'd think she was starving...
DSC09028.jpg

DSC09032.jpg

Piggy doing what lazy Piggy does.....
DSC09189.jpg

DSC08071.jpg

Ms Tiggs lazy girl likes to sleep in....
DSC09143.jpg

DSC09070.jpg

DSC09090.jpg

Watch out the girl is awake.......
DSC09118.jpg

Whatcha got in your purse mom?
DSC09119.jpg

I wonder who she is texting???
DSC09125.jpg

DSC09127.jpg

DSC09128.jpg

How am I gonna get this back into her purse???
DSC09129.jpg

Nevermind I'm outta here!!!
DSC09130.jpg

I wonder if she knows......MUM is the word you guys....
DSC09188.jpg

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Love the pics and the texting skit..........I'm glad it went smooth with Bender..............At least you'll be able to visit..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom