buying b. dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

12many

I am ready to order some roaches, finally. Got my egg flats on ebay, bin at walmart, human heatpad set on high, and temp ranges from 93-110. Made my own chow too!

I've had a bad experience ordering crickets before and i am hesitating to buy food online again. I don't want to spend my money if all i'm getting are dead food.

I've picked 2 sites that i can order dubias from. One is greg's exotic inverts and second is the roach guy. Comparing the two (price wise), it seems roach guy is cheaper because of the no shipping charges. On the other hand, i estimated that greg's roaches are $0.40 cheaper, but i have to pay for shipping.

Has anyone ever ordered from one of these or both of these suppliers? If so, what was your experience? I live in the bay area if that matters.

HRKBULLIES

check out kyle he posts as h0ndap0w3r. he has a post on the for sale page.good prices and easy to deal with. got mine today they were shipped monday and no d.o.a.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
I have ordered a starter kit from the roach guy and all of my roaches arrived alive and well. I also ordered some mixed and 20 adult females from h0ndap0w3r on the boards here (check the for sale forum) and they were also all alive and well. h0ndap0w3r has great prices too, he will match if you find them cheaper elsewhere :)

dnrtn2342

I got my shipment yesterday from kyle (hondapower) 1700 smalls and no DOA, great to work with. Will for sure buy from again.

sedecatur

Ive bought all mine from Ian at **The Roach Ranch** he gives awesome service, never got even 1 dead one. sorry couldnt help you on the other places.

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
Slight segue... Do you mean the San Francisco Bay Area? Lots of "Bay Areas" out there. :wink:

Back on topic: Did you get your roaches? I'd like to add that I've bought roaches (and a tarantula) from a friend in Michigan without ever a problem. The only DOA I've ever had was a young domino, but it turns out that just looking at a domino roach crossways will kill it. :silent:

Did you get the roaches just as feeders or to start a breeding colony?

Mark1998

I have bought from both the RoachGuy and Kyle and can endorse either. Kyle does give that personal touch and is easy to work with. After about 8 months my colony is fully self-sustaining (they bred while my BD slept all winter), so I don't see any reason to go back to crickets. Ever.

On another note, I keep my Dubias in the garage with some heat - no way they are coming in the house. The lowest temp I saw in their cage was about 50, and even though that slowed them down a little they still reproduced. They are tougher than people give them credit for.

I always use Gregs exotic inverts. Seems to packaged really well (not loose in a box like some others are. Not saying kyle or honda do this but...still prefer Gregs as he is cheaper for the most part and at least equal quality.

12many

Original Poster
LilStinkpot":2vs2rmrd said:
Slight segue... Do you mean the San Francisco Bay Area? Lots of "Bay Areas" out there. :wink:

Back on topic: Did you get your roaches? I'd like to add that I've bought roaches (and a tarantula) from a friend in Michigan without ever a problem. The only DOA I've ever had was a young domino, but it turns out that just looking at a domino roach crossways will kill it. :silent:

Did you get the roaches just as feeders or to start a breeding colony?

sorry took a while to reply. been busy with school and work. anyways...

yes. san francisco bay area.

i got my roaches from craigslist lol. i didn't get much cuz he didn't have much. Unfortunately, they died.

for a couple weeks now, i asked my mom to keep the egg crates instead of throwing them. So she did. One day, she cleaned my room, and saw the tub with the roaches in it. She freaked and killed them all. FYI, my room is really messy and she thought it got infested with roaches.

I hid this project from her because i know she wont let me have them.

as for my writing, sry. i'm kinda lazy to capitalize everything

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
Ha ha ha!

Well, mom knows about it now! Is she OK with them now? :lol:

How did she kill them? Did she spray the bin & egg crates? You'll need new ones if she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom