Butterworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

neecie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I think so --- you did it. Karen from there says out till January just like the Beaver Bait store. Lucky Dog - or Lucky Beardie - ha!

neecie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I haven't dusted any worms, just crickets. But would like to hear from others as to the best for our babies.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I got my butters in today. I just got 25 to give them a shot.. I always go home on my lunch break and usually I put a small pile of greens and top them off with a couple dozen phoenix worms. Today, I put in a pile of collards/squash and dropped 5 of the butters on top. Blaze promptly went for them and ate them all! I should have ordered more of them! I have been ordering feeders about every 3 to 4 weeks, so I will get more next month!
On another note, I did get a few wax worms to try.. After she ate 5 of the butters, I put one waxie in her bowl, and she ignored it! I left the wax worm, I'm sure she will eat it later (I'm back at work).

If she eats all the butters with this much gusto, I may just have to replace the phoenix worms! We will see...

neecie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My Sandy likes both, started only interested in 2 ir 3 butters then turned her head away. After a day or so, wanted more at a shot. For nutrition I'll alternate with butter,silky,phoenix and back up crickets (not MY fav). The butters are bigger so she doesn't need a ton at a time. Phoenix are coming tomorrow - but need to wait for butters and silkies to be available. I get a kick out of how the butters curl up in their tunnels of bran and I need to dig closely to not miss any. Mother Nature is a trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom