Butt wiggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
So, I've got a rescue in - I'm told four years old, though rather small and has been poorly/incorrectly fed for at least two years before I was called in. Appears to be female: no raised femoral pores, flirts with boys on sight, only one faint central genital bump at the base of the tail, and has been having digging behaviours for a few days.
(I provided a digbox on the first day of digging, and this has been greatly appreciated for digdigdigdigging.)
She might also have taken a fairly substantial fall a couple of weeks ago, however doesn't appear to be showing any obvious ill effects.
She's eating with joyous abandon, taking supplements like a pro, and she's not got a gravid-sized/feeling belly, so I'm a little puzzled - especially by the new behaviour. She climbed on my arm and did this frantic butt-wiggle, a bit like the boys do when they're... frisky.
She promptly jumped onto my other arm and did the same, and then onto my husband for the same, and then ran off along the floor butt-wiggling.
I've never seen this from any of my other ladies.
Any ideas?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear that her appetite is up. That's often a problem with rescues. Can you upload a video of this butt wiggle? I usually only see that when they're about to settle in, jump off of something/do something dumb, or poop.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
We've had a few rescues with severe malnutrition - she's in pretty good nick besides being a bit on the small side and lighter than I'd like.

The activity is literally identical to male-self-stimulation wriggles.
I'm wondering if she just laid a couple of eggs somewhere in the box, only having developed a very small clutch (probably in response to suddenly improved nutrition over the last few weeks) and is having the wiggles as an after effect, or if she's still got another couple of eggs waiting to come down. _shrugs_ There _might_ be a small round mass on the lower right, though that could just be a poop brewin'.

She's just yommed some locusts and seems quite happy.
I'll see how she is over the next couple of days, and I have a superb vet on call locally - usually my vet appointments are him giving the dragons a nice massage, charging me £45 and telling me they're fine - and he's been right every time! On the rare occasions when there's something serious, he's been very good.

If she stops eating, I'll take her straight in, and if I think she's a bit... "off" come Tuesday, I'll run her in for a checkup. It'll give him a laugh, if nothing else.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think wait and see is probably a good plan here too. If she's active and eating she's probably pretty content =)

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, no idea what the butt wiggle was about.
She did a LOT of furious digging, though no eggs appeared when I had a dig through the substrate. Either she didn't have eggs to start with (and was practising digging) or she might have eaten them. _shrugs_
She's a lot lighter than I'd like still, though she's eating like a complete hog, so I'm letting her have as much as she wants at the moment - resulting in some amusing moments; she rammed so much Nature Zone Beardie Bites mix into her mouth, more was falling out than staying in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom