butt shaking? a little concerned~

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Hi :) well, I dont know whether to put this in behavior or health.. oh well~
anyway, the other day I had noticed a fake leaf in a poorly digested poop. I immediately removed the plants from Oggie's tank, and she seemed to be fine. Then today she would shake her butt around on the substrate and then head bob... so i don't know if that is behavioral, or if she could possibly be obstructed.. well, im gonna give her a bath and see how that goes.

coastergirl946

Hatchling Member
What substrate is she on? If it's a loose substrate, remove it immediately.
Be sure that you are not feeding her anything bigger than the space between her eyes.
What is the basking temperature and the cool end temperature? If the temps are incorrect, she will not be able to digest properly. That butt shake means she is struggling to poop and she is likely in a lot of pain.
If she doesn't poop soon, feed her a little olive oil, unsweetened applesauce, babyfood prunes, or unsweetened pumpkin to help move things along.

My boyfriend and I lost a dragon to impaction.. I don't want to see anyone go through what he and I went through.
Please let us know how she is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom